Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BMW straight 6 mid mounted?
ben salt

posted on 16/8/04 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
BMW straight 6 mid mounted?

Hi
Im in the early stages of planning a from scratch car, and want to use a BMW straight 6 mid mounted in the car. Can anyone tell me what might be a suitable transaxle to use (have read previous topics and head is spinning!!), and how I might go about joining the two together?
Cheers
Ben Salt

ned

posted on 16/8/04 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
the straight six would make for a very long car. I don't know of any transaxle that would fit straight out of the box and have never come across an inline mid mount bmw unit before (in a road car) apart from a mclaren f1 or bmw m1?!! either use a specifically designed transaxle box such as a nice sequential 6 speed hewland ftr, cost around £5k or get a stock transaxle off an audi,renault, vw or porsche and get some sort of adapter made up. either way you'll need an adapter/bellhousing making up.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 16/8/04 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Try something normal first.

I think the fact that you are only planning it and have come up against two problems you need help with already might give you a clue that it's not a good idea. Some things are better not attempted.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.