Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: P100 Chassis paint
DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
P100 Chassis paint

Hi all,

Looking for the best option for paint to do my chassis. Its back from the blasters later today so i need to get it covered. Many thanks

Description
Description

COS IT'S Worth IT

jossey

posted on 10/1/12 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
cant u get it powder coated?

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
I need to make up some backets and weld to them to the chassis to to install the sierra rear beam. So may be ill have it powdercoat much later on and when i have the dosh. Many thanks anyway. Is hammerite an option and then wax?

COS IT'S Worth IT

Peteff

posted on 10/1/12 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis black ladled on with a big brush over a coat of red oxide. Keep it simple and durable.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Chassis black ladled on with a big brush over a coat of red oxide. Keep it simple and durable.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks. Is chassis black a proper paint?

COS IT'S Worth IT

Bluemoon

posted on 10/1/12 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DixieTheKid
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

Sounds like a plan. Thanks. Is chassis black a proper paint?

Chassis black is a generic name for well chassis paint (not hepfull! but paint supplier will point you in the correct direction).

You will still want to blast the chassis for best results..

DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote

Chassis black is a generic name for well chassis paint (not hepfull! but paint supplier will point you in the correct direction).

You will still want to blast the chassis for best results..

Yep its being blasted today.

COS IT'S Worth IT

mcerd1

posted on 10/1/12 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
this stuff if your budget will stretch to it: http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-rust-products/por15-rust-solutions/por15-chassis-painting-kit.html

-

DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
this stuff if your budget will stretch to it: http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-rust-products/por15-rust-solutions/por15-chassis-painting-kit.html

Thank merc, are you still after some cossie bits?

COS IT'S Worth IT

mcerd1

posted on 10/1/12 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
^^ I'd love a complete head for an NA cossie build - but I also need a new boiler and bathroom so I think that'll have to wait

oh and I should have added this stuff to the above http://www.frost.co.uk/por15-prep-ready-946ml.html
it work really well on the small bits I've done (left them soaking in it for a few hours after blasting) - might be a bit trickier to use on a whole chassis though.....

[Edited on 10/1/2012 by mcerd1]

-

Benzine

posted on 10/1/12 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Epoxy mastic 121 onto blasted metal is the best stuff i've ever seen. I used rollers and the finish was great on blasted metal (i brushed some of it and it was okay but nowhere near good as rollered)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snakebelly

posted on 10/1/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
if you intend to grind and weld on it i would stick with a good coat of red oxide until its 100% finished then por15 or chassis black after its totaaly finished.
DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
^^ I'd love a complete head for an NA cossie build - but I also need a new boiler and bathroom so I think that'll have to wait

oh and I should have added this stuff to the above http://www.frost.co.uk/por15-prep-ready-946ml.html
it work really well on the small bits I've done (left them soaking in it for a few hours after blasting) - might be a bit trickier to use on a whole chassis though.....

[Edited on 10/1/2012 by mcerd1]

Well my man, ive got just the very thing you need. I have a bare head, measures about 138.2 which is ideal of a N/A although your need to find a set of journals for it (i do have them although i cannot find them). Ive also 2 or 3 YBB blocks, alloy sump, crank rods & pistons if your interested.

COS IT'S Worth IT

mcerd1

posted on 10/1/12 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'll keep you in mind for when the funds allow for the next upgrade

I've got everything apart from the head bits (i.e. head, valves, cams, pulleys, top cover etc....) - but I guess I should get it on the road first and upgrade it later :lol:

-

DixieTheKid

posted on 10/1/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'll keep you in mind for when the funds allow for the next upgrade

I've got everything apart from the head bits (i.e. head, valves, cams, pulleys, top cover etc....) - but I guess I should get it on the road first and upgrade it later :lol:

She will be a beast!

COS IT'S Worth IT

rusty nuts

posted on 10/1/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Por15 followed by the Hardnose paint from Frost's

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.