Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Tuning&GT-Forte
cridgey

posted on 29/1/12 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning&GT-Forte

WARNING to you fellow kit car builders keep away from Darren at GTS and GT-Forte.
I ordered some panels from him and he told me he could turn them around in two weeks, after 3 mouths and several threatoning e-mails they turned up.
The panels where in such poor condition and badly manufactured they where unusable.
This guy uses a third party to do his transations called Nochex so your credit card company can not return the funds.
He returns all his correspondance and hides so you cant send him court summons.
There is a little bit of satifation after speaking to trading standard he is under investigation.
IF you value your kit car and money DO NOT BUY FROM DARREN @ GTS TUNING & GT-FORTE.

[Edited on 29/1/12 by cridgey]

daniel mason

posted on 29/1/12 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
omg another unhappy customer.this topic comes round every couple of weeks, and i cant understand how this guy is still trading?
i would never ever buy anything from him after the many stories ive heard

zilspeed

posted on 29/1/12 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
And so it continues....

mookaloid

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
not even worth getting the popcorn out

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

PAUL FISHER

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Its about time he packed up and called it a day I think
MakeEverything

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon so. Thing is, he is entitled to continue trading so long as he ticks all the boxes within the law. If TS or Inland Revenue investigate and find him unsuitable, they will shut down these two businesses yet all he has to do is keep changing the names and company details. Each registered company has to then be investigated for a specific reason which could take years of unhappy customers so it just keeps going in as Zil says.

I suspect that is where this GT Forte has come from and why.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

eddie99

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
This is utterly ridicolous, i have spent a fair bit of time with Darren over the last couple of months.... I know for a fact that your side panels were the colour you ordered which is what you originally complained about. Then when you checked the numbers and realised you ordered the wrong colour. You started saying they are unusable. Darren now subcontracts the majority of his fibreglass work to an excellent place who produce fibreglass brillance. The credit card company upheld Darrens side of the story when he said them all the details.... You want darren to pay for your wrong doing which is completely unfair!
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
eddie99

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yes there have been unhappy customers but over the last 18months, Darren has been doing everything to solve the old issues. And im not going to let another thread continue when Darren has done nothing wrong.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bj928

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
the address he list for the company is his home address 9 Wheler Court, Faversham, Kent ME13 7NR, nice house, i've been there, i wanted some bits so told him i would collect as i only lived in the next town, seemed a nice guy, but i know a lot have had trouble with him, he was supplying rally design with bits, but i think they go fed up with him and started making their own bits, they are a good company to deal with
bowood14

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
There does seem to be a problems with Darren over a long period of time, I have thought about ordering from him but seems he can't be trusted to deliver he doesn't answer email or the phone, shame really because it's seems he could have a thriving business if he changed his ways. Obviously there are always two sides to every story
Confused but excited.

posted on 29/1/12 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Never having had any dealings with Darren personally, I can't comment on the points raised yet again but cridgey mate, I would be careful what you put in an open forum. Whilst I understand you may be feeling somewhat peeved, you have just commited libel and could be prosecuted through the civil courts and wind up a great deal out of pocket.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

MakeEverything

posted on 29/1/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cridgey
Have you got your head up your arse have you not read any other complaints regarding your so called mate Darren, if I was you I would be very careful who I associated myself with, as to the issue of panels I think you have been misinformed the quality was the issue completely, lets just say I have recieved some more panels this week that have cost me half the amount and are a million times better quality that this arsehole sold, but hey I don't want to get into a slagging match with you. Regards.

Any photos youve got would say what you need to say?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

johnemms

posted on 29/1/12 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I got my panels from him a long time ago - yes i paid up front - yes it took 3 months to get them - they looked good to a first time buyer till i realised they were not black as ordered but a strange very very dark brown.

I had to take them back and leave them at a farm lockup - eventualy I had to go drive down and pick em up - they were not the original ones - oh no no no - it was later i realised they were all different colours sprayed gloss black.

And if you look carefully - sanding marks - so when i do finish my car i will have to re-spray the panels - .... :p

Ninehigh

posted on 29/1/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Yes there have been unhappy customers but over the last 18months, Darren has been doing everything to solve the old issues. And im not going to let another thread continue when Darren has done nothing wrong.

Not that I know anything outside of what's been said on this site this is not the impression I have...

UncleFista

posted on 29/1/12 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Never having had any dealings with Darren personally, I can't comment on the points raised yet again but cridgey mate, I would be careful what you put in an open forum. Whilst I understand you may be feeling somewhat peeved, you have just commited libel and could be prosecuted through the civil courts and wind up a great deal out of pocket.

It's not libel if it's the truth, and I don't know the OP well enough to say he's lying.
I will saythat it's a weird coincidence that there are posts like this concerning GTS posted on a regular basis, and have been for years.

[Edited on 29/1/12 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

ZEN

posted on 8/3/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
I still have not received my parts after almost 2 years...

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

angliamotorsport

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
I had some grp panels from Darren, paid deposit, agreed a collection date,(realistic), paid balance on collection, easy, job done.
I found him easy to deal with.

brock32

posted on 5/7/12 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99

Hi Eddie,

I have still not recieved anything from my order. over two years ago!

Do not tell me he has done nothing wrong.

I have also just been asked from another person on the Australian Clubman site about Darren as he has not seen anything from his 800 pound contribution to the Darren George retirement fund...

[Edited on 5/7/12 by brock32]

eddie99

posted on 5/7/12 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Brock,
If you see the other threads, I have now fallen out with Darren so can't help.
Kind Regards
Ed

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

brock32

posted on 5/7/12 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Mate I was not having a go at you at all. I thank you for your efforts in trying to deal with him on my behalf.

I haven't been on the forums for a while so i have not seen the latest. I only posted because of the person contacting me in regards to a similar issue.

Sorry again.

Brock

eddie99

posted on 5/7/12 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Here it is: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=170816

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

snakebelly

posted on 5/7/12 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Question has to be....IF all the stories about Mr George are true how has he not ended up on crutches by now?
Macbeast

posted on 10/7/12 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Well, he's a big lad

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

40inches

posted on 10/7/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think I just heard a door slam shut. http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=172316

blacky

posted on 18/7/14 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
GT Forte

Hi

Just read your post I am currently in the same situation with Darren from GT Forte. Just wondered how you got on with trading standards, and also where did you source the rest of your parts from to fit his chassis.
regards Lee

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.