Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 205 MI 16 Throttle Bodies and Emerald 200bhp & 165lbft
craig_007

posted on 5/2/12 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
205 MI 16 Throttle Bodies and Emerald 200bhp & 165lbft

Thought I would try my luck with my car here.

205 is white in colour and is on a F plate(1988) Car in a whole is a good solid car but being 23year old does have a few marks and dings which goes hand in hand with french motors.

The car has approx 5months mot and will come with 6 months tax.

This isn't a flung together 205, I've had this nearly 3 years and have spent a small fortune to get the car to this state of tune.

Engine
1.9 MI 16 Fully rebuilt with reciepts
Long duration inlet and exhuast cams
Rebuilt head with 3 angle cut on valves.
Coil Satchell/Sandy Brown throttle body set up (These guys are well known in the Peugeot/Vauxhall world)
Maniflow 4-2-1 manifold onto a 2.25" exhaust system (Not too loud at all)
Emerald K3 ecu was mapped middle of last year, Car produced 198bhp and 165lb/ft of torque, It makes for a very quick car. Aprrox 230 bhp per ton.
16 row oil cooler
There probably quite a bit more I have forgotton. IE spal fan reposition rad etc etc.

1.6 Gti gear box with new clutch,Lightned flywheel.
2 new driveshafts when this was put together.
2 new drive shaft oil seals.

Citreon C5 alloy wheels (look like steelies) These are 4.9kg a corner so are ultra light.These have 4 brand new Yokohama AD08 tyres

Brakes are standard recondition 1.9 brakes with mintex 1144 pads all round (Brakes are superb)

Rear beam was reconditioned when I bought the car, New Gti 6 rear shocks fitted on the rear and Koni shocks/springs on the front.

Interior

Full leather seats and essentially standard inside.
AEM wideband lambda sensor fitted in car and is wired to ecu for closed loop fuelling on cruise.
Oil presure gauge connected.
Pop up sunroof, no electric windows or stereo.

£3250

[Edited on 5/2/12 by craig_007]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

skippad

posted on 5/2/12 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
That looks familiar!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marco

posted on 14/2/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yes very familiar lol,
craig_007

posted on 14/2/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Haha, Yep it will do.

I've got it on the bay just now but it looks like I'm going to be holding on to it.

skippad

posted on 14/2/12 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
I preloved it before Marc did.... might have been tempted to court it again if it was a bit cheaper
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig_007

posted on 14/2/12 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Haha, There's been quite a few of it's previous owners in touch.

I think that's why I'll struggle to sell, Not many want to pay that for a 205, I might actually end up pulling this engine,bodies etc out and put my spare MI in to sell, Remove the wheels etc and stcik standard things back on.

Already had the vultures asking about bodies,cams etc so should get 2K back easy on the bolt on bits.

Likely keep it like this for the summer though !!

craig_007

posted on 27/2/12 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ok,

Turns out I need the money from this for my next "larger" project. I've looked at all avenues regarding keeping a 3rd car but for the next year or 2 it seems pointless. I was hoping to keep this and let the wife use it but that's never going to happen !! Can't get her to sit in it never mind use it too work.

I'm willing for the prospective buyer to bring there own wheels/tyres and I'll keep the C5 wheels.

As it stands but without tax and without the AFR gauge I'll let it go for £2750.

As above but without C5 wheels (You bring your own) £2400

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.