Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lexmoto bikes
Ninehigh

posted on 5/2/12 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Lexmoto bikes

Stepson's after one of these when he turns 17. I've never heard of them but appear to be pretty middle of the road.

Anyone used, worked on, or know anything about them?

flibble

posted on 5/2/12 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Will; be on a par with the rest of the bikes that come out of china and I've never heard much in the way of good about any of them I'm afraid.. ie. cheap, slow, unreliable and made of monkey metal
One of the lads at work had a chinese made bike (125) of some sort and it did look quite nice when new, one winter and 2000 miles later it was rusty and down on compression.
I'd push him towards getting a slightly used honda/suzi as there's bound to be much less quality issues (IMHO).

wylliezx9r

posted on 5/2/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Buy 2nd hand honda/suzuki,kawasaki. The chinese bikes are made of poo after 6 months there'll be nothing left of it.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Peteff

posted on 5/2/12 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Chinese. Looks like a Lifan based bike. They are not very well made but dealer support is getting better so when it breaks you can get parts now unlike earlier when you could only get them on ebay. An old bloke brought one to the shop I use but they wouldn't look at it, the footpeg welds had broken off and he had put a bar across with jubilee clips to hold it on.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

big-vee-twin

posted on 5/2/12 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
My Daughter rides a Chinese Bike, only in the summer, has been fairly reliable but only after doing quite a bit of work to it to improve it.

There are a few things most people in the Know do when buying one, immediately after delivery - Change engine oil (Chinese oil very poor), Change Spark Plugs (Chinese plugs very poor), Change Air Filter ( Chinese ones very poor), Change Battery (Chinese ones very poor) Change ignition lead(s) and Coil (Chinese ones very poor), Change Bulbs (Chinese ones very poor).

The engines are 1970's Honda engines the Chinese bought the rights to them when Honda stopped producing and as long as they are treated gently they don't seem to bad, but definitely not as good as the originals.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

morcus

posted on 6/2/12 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
I looked at getting something simillar before, mostly because they're so cheap and I wanted a bike to muck about with and see what it was like, everyone told me to get a used Honda. The thing that put me off most was that there were no second hand ones about anywhere at the time which suggests they don't last long.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys I'll have to show him this... I thought a £900 price tag was rather low and a 52mph top speed was a bit pants.. He's over 6foot and most of the journeys are going to be on 50-70 roads so it's not exactly going to be used for gentle pootling by some skinny little kid.

Also the dealer's about 45 miles away so if it breaks that much we're going to be jiggered.

I'll suggest a Honda CG, like what I had back then

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Chinese crap, avoid and get him a ybr or cg125.

[Edited on 6/2/12 by Yazza54]

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/12 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
My Daughter rides a Chinese Bike, only in the summer, has been fairly reliable but only after doing quite a bit of work to it to improve it.

There are a few things most people in the Know do when buying one, immediately after delivery - Change engine oil (Chinese oil very poor), Change Spark Plugs (Chinese plugs very poor), Change Air Filter ( Chinese ones very poor), Change Battery (Chinese ones very poor) Change ignition lead(s) and Coil (Chinese ones very poor), Change Bulbs (Chinese ones very poor)

Change whole bike for something Japanese (Chinese very poor)

Proby

posted on 6/2/12 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yazza54
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin

There are a few things most people in the Know do when buying one, immediately after delivery - Change engine oil (Chinese oil very poor), Change Spark Plugs (Chinese plugs very poor), Change Air Filter ( Chinese ones very poor), Change Battery (Chinese ones very poor) Change ignition lead(s) and Coil (Chinese ones very poor), Change Bulbs (Chinese ones very poor)

Change whole bike for something Japanese (Chinese very poor)

lol Great comment!

Ninehigh

posted on 6/2/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Missus has found a bunch of cbr's

Shame my cbt isn't valid

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Missus has found a bunch of cbr's

Shame my cbt isn't valid

Would only allow you to ride 15ish hp max bikes anyway!

StevieB

posted on 6/2/12 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Not worth it - chinese bikes have improved in quality over time, but they're nowhere near where the japanese bikes have been for decades.

If he's tall he should be looking at something like a Yamaha DT125R - I had (have) one while going through my test and it's been a great bike for what I wanted it for. A few issues along the way but nothing that you wouldn't regard as simply consumables being consumed. You'll get a decent enough one for the same price as that chinese bike, but probably get the same money back for it when selling too.

Yazza54

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
As above you'll get your money back on a Honda or yam. Cheap Chinese sh*t is false economy.

[Edited on 6/2/12 by Yazza54]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.