Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what alternator for silvertop zetec in 7 rep?
baz-R

posted on 28/2/12 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
what alternator for silvertop zetec in 7 rep?

i have a 93 zetec im fitting in my haynes roadster build and need to know what alternators people are using and where/how its mounted
i have a 1800 sierra cvh one and a 93 fiesta zetec one both look too big to fit on the inlet side and im using the orignal 4 holes on the block where the orignal was and the waterpump hose inlet is going to be in the way to get anythin to fit on the exhaust side by the looks of it.
lra100 was mentioned somwhere but where do i get a pully from?

[Edited on 28/2/12 by baz-R]

snippy

posted on 28/2/12 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
I`m using a Uni Point ALT 4032 alternator on my silver top zetec. It`s been fine so far for 5 years with no issues at all. The uni pont website lists which vehicles this alternator has been fitted to in the past which include many different Rovers. It`s reasonably small so fits in ok. Pic attached shows how I mounted it.

[img]http://[/img]

baz-R

posted on 9/4/12 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
where did you get the pully from?
austin man

posted on 9/4/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Im using the Sierra one on mine its a squeez but fits I have bike carbs so this gives a little more clearance. The front pulley on mine fell off the Mondeo alternator while I was looking at in in a scrapper

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

L5W

posted on 9/4/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Daihatsu Move alternator from a scrappy on mine mounted on the inlet side using a home made bracket, (think its similar to the charade alternator). The pulley came from the zetec alternator but I had to get an adaptor collar made up to fit the pulley to the daihatsu alternator as the shaft's diameter is smaller

Lee

http://l5w-mk-indy-zetec.blogspot.com/

Andybarbet

posted on 9/4/12 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Snippy's alternator looks the same as mine from a bedford rascal, i had to make up a sleeve/spacer on the lathe at work because the zetec pulley hole was bigger than the alternators shaft & also the zetec pulley was thinner than the original rascal one.
All worked out good though

Rascal alternator
Rascal alternator

pulley & spacer
pulley & spacer

Just need to make a mounting bracket up now.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.