Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  33    34    35    36  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2004 MK Indy Busa Project
yellowcab

posted on 28/2/15 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
From 86'000 views upto 112'000 without an extra post?

How's that?

Ben_Copeland

posted on 28/2/15 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
From 86'000 views upto 112'000 without an extra post?

How's that?

Google search bots mainly

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

yellowcab

posted on 15/6/15 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Rumour has it - he's selling up...
pistol pete

posted on 8/2/16 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
He has indeedy...........
yellowcab

posted on 8/2/16 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats on having a fooooken awesome car
pistol pete

posted on 8/2/16 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
And its going to be sprinted this year at javelin sprint days..
Won last two years in toyota sprint seires... now to try something new

Cant wait

[Edited on 8/2/16 by pistol pete]

Nathsx

posted on 14/1/17 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I know it was a few pages ago but which garage floor paint did you go for??

Howis it standing up to the time test ??

yellowcab

posted on 7/2/17 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
It was just regular ebay special 'Grey Garage Floor Paint' cheap as chips, and perfect use for what I needed it for!

You've actually reminded me, I could do with doing it again, its been a couple of years now!

f27

posted on 16/3/17 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought I would throw my hat into the ring here as the current owner of this car.

I am also Olly, and have had my Formula 27 for the past 6 years. Ive been through hell and back with it, and have loved every minute of it having recently put a ZZR1400 engine in it. It's fast as hell, but it's one of those cars where there are a lot of little things needing to be done to it to bring it up to the standard I would want it at. I have a 'build' thread of my own here

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1521364

When Olly was writing this very thread you are now reading, I was lurking and secretly wishing that my car was up to this standard. Sure, the ZZR1400 is quicker than a Hayabusa, but the quality of Ollys build blew me away.

Fast forward to early Summer 2016, and I was at a sprint day with my F27, and bumped into my mate Pete, who was the current guardian of the 'Olly 'busa'. In passing, I mentioned to him that if he ever wanted to sell, to give me first refusal, thinking nothing would come of it.

Fast forward a few weeks, and the roof on Petes house collapsed, and true to his word, he texted me asking if I wanted it. Of course I did. A deal was done, and we met at a motorway services in the rain for the handover.

It only just fitted in my trailer with about 1mm either side

I got it home, and the first thing I did (after removing all Petes Zombie stickers!) Was replacing the exhaust with a genuine MK silencer I had laying around. The one that came with it had a cat in, and I figured was probably a bit restrictive.

Literally the next day I was going up to the North of Scotland to do the NC500 with a group of friends. I could have gone the safe route and taken the car I knew inside out, that I had been developing over 6 years, but where would the fun in that be!? Naturally I took the MK. over 1,000 miles in 3 days would be a good way to break it in, and besides, I had breakdown cover

My buddy brought his Zetec MK, and another friend was using a Caterham

My mistake, was that the car was still set up for the guys who had had it before me, and I hadn't thought about the fact I am 6'4 and weigh 115kg. This, along with the fact I had all my luggage, spare fuel etc meant that the car was sitting pretty low to the ground.

This, combined with the fact that the roads along the NC500 are pretty rough, meant that I kept scraping the sump guard. Until 60 miles from the end of the trip (we left our trailers in Aberdeen so we didn't have to drive up there in the kit cars) I hit a particularly nasty bump and bottomed out, causing the sump to crack, and all the oil to pee out

So I got it flatbedded back to the trailer in Inverness and took it home. A chance email to Olly found he had two spare sumps, which I bought from him and fitted. Luckily Ollie and I both race under the same motor club - him in his fancy RGB, and me in the slightly less quick Locost championship. We were both racing Anglesey so I was able to collect the sump from him there, which has now been fitted, and I have made a new sump guard out of steel rather than ali, (which has probably added a few extra grams and undone some of Olli's hard weight saving work)

At the end of the racing season, I bought a different racing car, so it was probably time to start selling cars, as I had now accumulated 4 kit cars.

So the white Locost was sold, and the F27 was put up for sale. It wasn't a good time to sell over winter, so I still have the F27 to this day, but someone is coming this weekend to buy it, which will just leave me with the MK and the new Locost. As you can tell, I love sevens, and plan to keep the MK long term. I don't plan to do much to it, until the time I can afford a 1500cc bore, or a turbo, but I'll try to keep this thread updated as to the progress of the car.

The car was wrapped yellow, and it looked pretty scruffy, so the other day I decided to take the plunge and have now started stripping it to paint it. (This wrap is horrible stuff to remove!) The question now is, do I stick with yellow, or after 6 years of yellow kit cars, do I go for a change?

[Edited on 16/3/17 by f27]

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

MsD

posted on 17/3/17 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
I thought I was brave with 2 kits!
Good to see the Busa back on the forum, Id be fancying a different colour whilst you can though!

Mark.

f27

posted on 9/4/17 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsD
I thought I was brave with 2 kits!
Good to see the Busa back on the forum, Id be fancying a different colour whilst you can though!

Mark.

I've just sold the F27, so now back down to a more manageable 2

Definitely going to change the colour now. I have decided what to do, and hopefully should find some time over the next few weeks to get it painted.

Got a Nurburgring / Spa trip organised for the end of May, and I'm hoping to go in this. We have a Euro / ring trip every summer, and I've always wanted to take the kit car but never dared. Think this is the year to do it

SOLD - F27 Blackbird, F27 ZZR1400, MK Indy Hayabusa, 3 750MC Crossflow Locosts, Ultima GTR - currently got a MX5 powered Locost racing car

Ian2812

posted on 4/7/18 at 04:14 AM Reply With Quote
WOW, where has that nightshift gone!!!!!

Just went though that full thread! Left a little cliff-hanger like at the end of a film.

I am now wanting to know how the trip went and what have you done with the busa......

<<  33    34    35    36  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.