Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa FI Light
bobinspain

posted on 7/11/12 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
This is a bit like 'Groundhog Day.'

Just when I think I'm getting out of the loop, I'm drawn back in again.

As a temporary measure, I've fitted the new DPST I'd ordered earlier as a precaution. Since it'll doubtless go the same way as the first after 20 or 30 starts, (if the last one's anything to go by), I'll still need a better (permanent solution). Two sources have recommended using the original single-throw, single-pole starter button with a relay in tandem for the clutch position indicator/sensor.

I now have it from an impeccable third source, that the above method has been tried and the FI light inexplicably still illuminates, and that the only 'proven' solution is to use two independently-wired buttons simultaneously. A somewhat inelegant if effective solution.

I'll post what happens next. Be prerpared for Punxsutawnwy Phil to appear !

Smartripper

posted on 7/11/12 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

Why not use a microswitch behind your clutchpedal ?

I had this with my zx12 and zzr14 engined cars and worked a dream, that way its working like its design to work.

The engine will see the right things then and you can start the engine in every gear because you depress the clutchpedal.

And i think its a much easier solution and neater then 2 switches on the dash

greetings Daniel

bobinspain

posted on 8/11/12 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smartripper
Hello,

Why not use a microswitch behind your clutchpedal ?

I had this with my zx12 and zzr14 engined cars and worked a dream, that way its working like its design to work.

The engine will see the right things then and you can start the engine in every gear because you depress the clutchpedal.

And i think its a much easier solution and neater then 2 switches on the dash

greetings Daniel

Daniel,
Thanks for the input. SJL has previously suggested this route, having gone down it himself with his Busa engined car. He kindly ordered for me the same microswitch he used and sent it out here to Spain. (It lies unused in my garage). The reason it does so is simply accessibility, (or lack of it).
My mechanic/spark is 76yrs old and though he's ripped to the bone, the pedal-box of the MK is all but inaccessible to 'normal people.' I'm clueless, 64yrs old and fat, so forget that approach too. Prosaic reason for not adopting the tried 'n' tested solution is we can't get at it.

Smartripper

posted on 8/11/12 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh ok thats makes everything clear,

cant u take off the fiberglass plate infront off the shuttle ??? in the engine bay then u can acces the pedals from above.

Been working on a couple off indy's and indy r before

gr daniel

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.