Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MEGASQUIRT HELP NEEDED!!!
aidan46

posted on 12/3/12 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
MEGASQUIRT HELP NEEDED!!!

[img][/img]

Here is a snapshot of my LOG from Mega log viewer.

Couple of questions:

At 50% throttle and 2500 rpm it always seems to go extremly lean 18:1. Is this down to my Ve map or something else? Accl Enrich and ego correction is turned off.

When I blip throttle at idle this is also the case goes extremly lean, (for split second) is this lambda delay?

When I play the data log, the VE and spark advance is always at 100% load along the top row??? Is something very wrong here?

Any help would be very welcome!!!

Thanks

BaileyPerformance

posted on 12/3/12 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

What car / engine do you have? are you running Alpha N (throttle position) or Speed Density (vacuum) for load sensing?

Please also provide details of induction setup you have.

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aidan46

posted on 12/3/12 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I am using Alpha N for load sensing. When im looking at the live data the load varies across the load range fine. Its only when i data logged and looked at the recording I came across the apparent error.

Engine is a 1.6 zetec silvertop. Im using Zx6r throttle bodies and MS2 extra.

Thanks

aidan46

posted on 12/3/12 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention im using a Tech Edge Wideband lambda! Ta
omega 24 v6

posted on 12/3/12 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Only had a quick look just now but what your seeing is probably the delay in it going lean due to quite a fast increase in airflow when the throttle opened quickly. this is due I'd say to no accel enrichments being in place.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 12/3/12 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
If your VE table is mapped properly you need virtually no AE when using Alpha N. (speed density you do!) we disable the AE when tuning, setting it up after mapping with the minimum shot required to prevent engine stumble when you punch the throttle.

Switch OFF closed loop control - this should only be used when the VE table is spot on, leaving it on now will confuse you when you are mapping.
Try and get your VE table mapped as best you can under light throttle low RPM to start with, working up to higher throttle opening but still at low RPM. Then the same procedure with higher RPM. (this can be difficult on the road, be careful!)

You should be aiming for around 13-14AFR light throttle, 12.5 full throttle. (you can tweak later for better MPG, this is just to get it running tidy)

Your TPS signal does look abit rough, this maybe due to noise, make sure all ground are good. We always use screened cable for the TPS.

If you are using MS2 make sure the ignition load is set to Alpha N not speed density (maybe why your ignition table is sitting at 100%) but this has nothing to do with the fuelling problem.

As always the best place to set any car up in on the rolling road, but you should be able to get the VE table 90% on the road with time.

Good luck ;-)

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 12/3/12 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
yep turn on acceleration enrichments. its there to stop exactly what you are seeing. a good test before you turn it on. if you rev it up quickly you will see it go lean. if you rev it up slowly at a couple of hundred rpm per second the ve table should be just about able to cope and it shouldn't lean out too much. once your ve table is good enough to cope with that situation then turn on acceleration enrichment and set it up to stop it going lean when opening the throttle quickly.

once that is done you should have something that accelerates quite well with gentle throttle increase and rapid throttle increase. you may find a few flat spots in places at certain load points but as long as you are not too rich or lean you should be able to iron most of them out with the timing table, just keep the numbers sensible to avoid knock.

i would suggest you make up some det can's from a pair of old ear defenders some copper tube and clear pvc tube. it sounds crude but they really do work and will allow you to hear clearly if it is knocking.

EDIT. sorry seeing what bailey just said i forgot to say that is how i did it using speed density on my car.

[Edited on 12/3/2012 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

aidan46

posted on 12/3/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again dale. Will give that a try!

Cheers

matt_gsxr

posted on 12/3/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
In megalogviewer you can get it to show the right point on the grid using the following settings.

Options
Y-axis field
TP

If that doesn't work. You may have to try TP ADC or somesuch, can't remember the subtleties. It might ask you for the ADC upper and lower ranges, but it depends on which version of MS you have.

aidan46

posted on 12/3/12 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Mega Log viewer seems to be giving me the right readings now. Thanks Lads!!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.