Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My Karcher leaks

posted on 24/3/12 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
My Karcher leaks

Hi All.

The other day I woke up my pressure washer from it's winter hibernation in the garden shed,
plugged it in ready to wash the winter salt from under the tin top and..... I got all the way through Jesus
and half the way through Christ. Water sprayed from every ventilation slot in the casing;
so I pulled the plug. It was about this time I spotted the "Store in a frost free place" sticker on the front.

Next step was to Google "Karcher leak" and up comes several, "How To Fix It" DIY sites.
Some posts on these forums suggested going to a Karcher agent, but most said, just buy a new one.
Not impressed with this I took the cover off, placed it on the garden table, and with the aid of a long extension
lead I plugged it in. Any garden water feature designer would have been proud of the result as a plume of water
exited a hairline crack in the plastic elbow that links the pump to the high pressure hose. Leaky part detected.

Step three was to Google "Karcher Spares" and up comes http://www.espares.co.uk with not only the the right part
for a mere £3.99 (+ p&p) but also shows me a video of how to fit it. Top banana.

Apparently espares sell all sorts of bits for household electrical items and are well worth knowing about.
I now have a working pressure washer and a clean Passat. Sorted.

I hope this post helps some one.

Cheers,
Paul G

Leaking Power Washer
Leaking Power Washer

[Edited on 24/3/12 by 907]

BigLee

posted on 24/3/12 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Did mine last year. Exactly the same part. Great service from espares. I am guessing it is the frost that causes the plastic to crack.
Lee

stevebubs

posted on 24/3/12 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
Hi All.

The other day I woke up my pressure washer from it's winter hibernation in the garden shed,
plugged it in ready to wash the winter salt from under the tin top and..... I got all the way through Jesus
and half the way through Christ. Water sprayed from every ventilation slot in the casing;
so I pulled the plug. It was about this time I spotted the "Store in a frost free place" sticker on the front.

Next step was to Google "Karcher leak" and up comes several, "How To Fix It" DIY sites.
Some posts on these forums suggested going to a Karcher agent, but most said, just buy a new one.
Not impressed with this I took the cover off, placed it on the garden table, and with the aid of a long extension
lead I plugged it in. Any garden water feature designer would have been proud of the result as a plume of water
exited a hairline crack in the plastic elbow that links the pump to the high pressure hose. Leaky part detected.

Step three was to Google "Karcher Spares" and up comes http://www.espares.co.uk with not only the the right part
for a mere £3.99 (+ p&p) but also shows me a video of how to fit it. Top banana.

Apparently espares sell all sorts of bits for household electrical items and are well worth knowing about.
I now have a working pressure washer and a clean Passat. Sorted.

I hope this post helps some one.

Cheers,
Paul G

Leaking Power Washer
Leaking Power Washer

[Edited on 24/3/12 by 907]

Yup. E-Spares rock.

So far repaired:
Whirlpool Fridge (at least 15 years old)
Bosch Dishwasher (10yrs)
Creda Oven (7yrs)
Dyson (9yrs)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.