Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Company Car - I LIKE!
Dangle_kt

posted on 27/3/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
New Company Car - I LIKE!

Just started a new job, got a company car.

Had a few in the past (A4 and Volvo v50) - both very nice cars, but not much fun to drive.

Just got a 3 series (stop start diesel one) - and whilst its not the fastest car on the road (318d), it handles really very nicely indeed.

Thoroughly enjoyed my first drive home through the twisties

Thats all.

KitCatE1

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
is it complete with working indicators....?
Dangle_kt

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
funny you should mention it, the indicator setup is a bit of a pain, if you push the stalk up it only flashes for as long as you hold it for. If you push it hard it stays on, but you then have to flick it the opposite way to get it to switch off (unless your coming of a roundabout or whatever).

Its a bit more awkward than it needs to be.

Maybe there is a reason behind the reputation...

A1

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
start stop...
McLannahan

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
funny you should mention it, the indicator setup is a bit of a pain, if you push the stalk up it only flashes for as long as you hold it for. If you push it hard it stays on, but you then have to flick it the opposite way to get it to switch off (unless your coming of a roundabout or whatever).

Can you not flick it very lightly the same way you've just done? My newer Disastra has electronic touch indicators and they work this way. Didn't stop me indicating left and then right and then left and the.....when I got the damn thing though!

nick205

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
You really can't beat a brand new car can you - there's just something about everything being pristine and working perfectly

Should be cracking on MPG too

Enjoy

Dangle_kt

posted on 27/3/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
quote:

Can you not flick it very lightly the same way you've just done? My newer Disastra has electronic touch indicators and they work this way. Didn't stop me indicating left and then right and then left and the.....when I got the damn thing though!

I'll try that tomorrow!

stevegough

posted on 28/3/12 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote
I'd heard the BMW indicator fault had been the subject of a total worldwide recall of all BMWs (but they couldn't do anything because it was down to the ATTITUDE of all BMW drivers!)

One of the guys on here has a funny bogus 'recall leaflet' saved in his archive.....can't remember who, though!!

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Furyous

posted on 28/3/12 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

You'll get used to it. What I didn't like was the way a light tap made it flash three times. Then I found out you can change the settings so it only flashes as long as you're holding it, whether that's one flash or a dozen.

Lightning

posted on 28/3/12 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I have to say I looked at getting one of those. I could not fault the car but I couldnt bring myself to buy it because I hate to say it, its boring.
I decided to go for something ridiculous instead. VW Amarok pickup. This costs me very little in tax as i have taken up the option of paying tax on £2k per annum and I get all private milage paid by the company. Whilst not in the fuel economy league of the BMW its not too bad at av 32mpg. Its also been bloody useful with the pickup and great for towing the Spire.

[Edited on 28/3/12 by Lightning]

Steve

mad-butcher

posted on 28/3/12 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Oh Fcuk another " it's a beemer which ways he going to turn " on the road,
plenty of indicator practice on that estate of yours. LOL

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.