Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone done karting in Docklands?
James

posted on 27/3/12 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone done karting in Docklands?

Greetings,

Got a stag do to arrange and Groom wants to go karting- something I love so I was all happy as the plan was to go to Daytona in Esher which is somewhere I love.

Sadly he's now decided that as most people are London-based it's easier to go somewhere London-ish.

He's found this place:
http://www.gokarting.co.uk/indoor-karting/greenwich-docklands-indoor-karting.html

Anyone karted there? Any good?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 27/3/12 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

blakep82

posted on 27/3/12 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
its maybe a bit far out, but the one at lakeside was awesome when i went years ago

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Coopz

posted on 28/3/12 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Not yet...but I would like too! Let us know how you get on if you decide to go
adrianreeve

posted on 28/3/12 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yes! I organised a corporate event there a few years ago - its brilliant! They were very happy to tailor it for our needs, the track is fantastic, and the atmosphere is brilliant. Food was average, though they were saying that they were looking to change the catering.

It's not in docklands though, it's in a grotty industrial estate next to the Thames barrier in woolwich! Don't let that put you off, it's still the best indoor track I've been to.

Cheers

Adrian

James

posted on 1/4/12 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrianreeve
Yes! I organised a corporate event there a few years ago - its brilliant! They were very happy to tailor it for our needs, the track is fantastic, and the atmosphere is brilliant. Food was average, though they were saying that they were looking to change the catering.

It's not in docklands though, it's in a grotty industrial estate next to the Thames barrier in woolwich! Don't let that put you off, it's still the best indoor track I've been to.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks for the replies- apologies for the slow response!

That's positive news to hear Adrian- thankyou.

By way of comparison, have you been to Daytona/Esher?

Thanks,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Apollo1600

posted on 2/4/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Both lakeside karting and buckmore park are great tracks!
ed1801

posted on 2/4/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Vote for Buckmore here too, going down the hill towards the 90° right hander is terrifying - and I'll be there for weds night practice too if anyone else is coming...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.