Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is a coil a coil?
scoop

posted on 2/4/12 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Is a coil a coil?

I have a Beztek electronic ignition system running my pinto on Bike carbs but the connection in the top of the coil has failed and need a new one. So, do I just get another coil with the same connections on or do I need something more specific?
I've searched Beztek on google and get nothing so I'm thinking they have gone under.

steve m

posted on 2/4/12 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
The guy that runs bestek works /lives a couple of miles from me, infact i bought my setup from him, for my xflow

He runs a strange setup, and is a nightmare to do any "one to ones" with, yet his items, are very well built (well mine !!)

Knowing what the setup is like, i would say hes on holiday, and hasnt switched the answer phone on!

scoop

posted on 2/4/12 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm. Well my coil isn't. Every one I've looked at has the brass connection moulded in so that it can't come out but these have it screwed in and it's corroded. It's not a part that can be replaced so the whole coil has to go.
mookaloid

posted on 2/4/12 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
No - all coils are not the same.

link to Lucas coils page

There are differences in primary coil resistance and some other stuff - sounds like you need one for electronic systems.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.