Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: whos got a galaxy tab 10.1
macspeedy

posted on 10/4/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
whos got a galaxy tab 10.1

Thinking of getting one.. comments suggestions for accessories ..

Thanks
Mac

britishtrident

posted on 10/4/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Start with some good Android apps Airdroid, Kindle., K9 mail, Google Sky Map, Wifi Analyzer Maps (-), BBC News, Torque

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

r1_pete

posted on 10/4/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nice peice of kit, bought Mrs. one for her birthday 8 months ago, she's not put it down since.

She uses the standard browser for sky mail, and other internet stuff, has the kindle app installed, she's not a 'must have everything' person, so doesn't have rafts of apps, I can say it has regular use and has never let her down.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
austin man

posted on 10/4/12 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have the Sony Tablet cant complain got it free with the phone deal from carphone warehouse theu also had the galaxy tablet on offer

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

bj928

posted on 10/4/12 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
i'm getting one soon, but i'm waiting for the ASUS TF700, basicly a ASUS Transformer prime with a few issues sorted out, will be very high res, fast, and can dock into a keyboard to double its battery life, and make typing easier, my laptop is an ASUS, and i have used their motherboards in the last 2 PC's i have built, they build some nice kit
scudderfish

posted on 11/4/12 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Nice peice of kit, bought Mrs. one for her birthday 8 months ago, she's not put it down since.

She uses the standard browser for sky mail, and other internet stuff, has the kindle app installed, she's not a 'must have everything' person, so doesn't have rafts of apps, I can say it has regular use and has never let her down.

I got one for my wife for Christmas, and she uses it all the time. Much easier to idly surf the web/FB/email/games on the sofa than a laptop.

splitrivet

posted on 11/4/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Missus bought me one last year brilliant bit of kit but android did take some working out.
Must have free app to add to Tridents choice is filmon watch something decent on TV while the missus has got girly shite on.
Few accessories below, the first one is a must.
If you need some apps or games for it give me a shout.

FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1/8.9 P7500 FEMALE USB HOST OTG CABLE ADAPTER | eBay

BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD CASE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1 P7510 | eBay

Windscreen Car Mount for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 P7500 (small) | eBay

DC Auto Car Charger Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 P7500 7.0 Plus | eBay

DC Auto Car Charger Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 P7500 7.0 Plus | eBay

White Aluminium Bluetooth Keyboard Cover Case Stand for Apple iPad 2 | eBay

Android Torque Car ELM/327 OBD2 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface CAN BUS | eBay
exmalls

Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 11/4/12 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

stevebubs

posted on 11/4/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Go for it...I've a Sony Tablet and use it very regularly - email, locostbuilders, kindle, news, etc. The only reason I don't take it to work is that my 4yr old son has taken a liking to "Daddy's toy" and loves playing games / colouring on it.

Some of the office applications are fantastic with direct access to read/write MS File formats and also sync with Google docs..

macspeedy

posted on 13/4/12 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replys, ive read that i would beable to put images from my Nikon d90.. i was wondering how would this be done ?

edit i suppose its using the host cable ??

[Edited on 13/4/12 by macspeedy]

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/4/12 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
Thanks for the replys, ive read that i would beable to put images from my Nikon d90.. i was wondering how would this be done ?

edit i suppose its using the host cable ??

[Edited on 13/4/12 by macspeedy]

I use the Icloud service and if you got a Eye-Fi Pro X2 8 GB you could just drop them directly on it.

Still need a laptop/netbook as they dont have a lot of memory.......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.