Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aeroscreen that covers scuttle (indy)
Peter Cowley

posted on 24/4/12 at 01:28 AM Reply With Quote
Aeroscreen that covers scuttle (indy)

Hi there,

Is there an aeroscreen that covers the scuttle at the sides to fit mk indy (holes to hide) ?

Mac1 do one but its a little expensive and didnt want to spend too much

RK

posted on 24/4/12 at 02:10 AM Reply With Quote
Though I haven't actually you done it, it doesn't actually look that hard to make from ally, except for that bend in the middle. If you think about it, you can see that they are all the same, in that it drapes over the scuttle, tilted forward, then the bend is put in, and the rest is trimmed. Easier said than done?
PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/4/12 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Julian at Aerodynamix sells some aeroscreens, in carbon and also in black fibreglass from around £60 + postaged

http://www.aerodynamix.co.uk/contact.html

SausageArm

posted on 24/4/12 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I presume it's the side f the scuttle where wing mirrors were once fitted? How much of the scuttle panel do you want to hide?

Here is the aeroscreen fitted to my Mac Worx, it's from a company called R.S. Mouldings, was around £65 from ebay

Here are the dimensions of it

Hope that helps you.

RK

posted on 24/4/12 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
On the other hand... they don't seem that expensive.
Custardpants

posted on 6/5/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Just fitted the mac1 to mine and I can recommend it. For the quality it should be half the price, but the actual design is much better than the normal MK one. I only get a bit of air hitting the helmet and none on the hands of shoulders, and the dip in the middle lets me glance at the offside wheel, which the normal MK screen doesn't allow. It's also a lot smoother airflow than the MK screen, and i can probably make it even better if i put my bike mra x screen on it.

What i'd really like to know is what the mac1 bike screens are that they use on each side - they almost look like ZX10R screens, but they are cheap moulded ones which aren't really see through. An iridium set would be a big improvement for shorter drivers and passengers; I thought a lady who happened to be in the car was screaming due to just the speed but it turned out she couldn't see the road ahead either. whoops.

Peter Cowley

posted on 6/5/12 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys...

I decide to remake the flyscreen in tinted perspex and repainted the side supports......looks really good and saved me lots of dosh!. Just used some 4mm perspex from a local plastics company, only cost me a tenner and fiver for some paint.

I will get some piccies up on here once I work out how to !!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.