Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Riding Bikes vs Driving Locost?
pewe

posted on 25/4/12 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Another random thought which Hellfire ^^ has touched on.
Just because you're a biker don't assume that BEC's are the only option.
There's a lot to be said for a CEC particularly if it's turbo or, my pref., supercharged.
I prefer the later because power delivery starts as soon as you crack the throttle open and in 650kgs it's almost instant acceleration at any speed (bike like).
My mate has a BEC MK Indy and TBH it just feels too light, too twitchy as it's only 450kg.
Also with a BEC you'll be revving the nuts off it at every gearchange and I suspect you'll find more engines being re-built on BECs than on CECs.
Sits back and waits for the onslaught from BEC owners.......
Cheers, Pewe10

mike150

posted on 25/4/12 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was a biker of 10 years and always thought of 7 type cars as having the same level of fun as a 1000cc bike but at 3 times the price and 4 times the space occupied in my garage so I always held off.

Last summer my wife witnessed a bad bike accident where the car infornt of her pulled accross the path of a bike and the guy had nowhere to go but into the quarter panel of the offending driver, my wife had to comfort the guy until the ambulance arrived. Then a guy was killed on a bike near our house, then a guy I know had a crash when a car pulled out infront of him. All this made my wife pledge never to get on the bike with me again, this combined with the fact I always knew they where a bad idea I sold up.

1 month ago I bought a Westfield Duratec and so far I love it, I would like more power in it but that's always going to be the case with me! I looked at BEC's but decided unless it was a Busa engine I didn't want it as I wanted the torque and the power, so far I think I've got the right car (can't afford an R400 Caterham).

Pull the engine out of your bike, sell the rest and start building

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/4/12 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
or if your after thrills then get an old landrover and feel the white knuckle fear of impending disaster at just 50mph
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.