Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec exhaust size
Lars

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec exhaust size

Hi all
I saw the gbs zetec exhaust manifold at stoneleigh and thought it looks fairly good.
Also would fit the car perfectly. (2l zetec locost)

The only thing I am wondering is whether the pipes are big enough.
They are 1.5" primaries and 2" tail pipe, could anyone one give me a rough idea what sort of power this pipe diameter can handle, or when this size of pipe may become restrictive.

Many thanks

Lars

posted on 7/5/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Also does anyone know if the gbs manifold takes into account for the fact that the exhaust port is oval?

SPYDER

posted on 7/5/12 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought that these pipe sizes should be OK with any but the most highly tuned Zetec.
My 3SGE engined car has a 4-2-1 manifold of the same pipe sizes and gave 167 hp on the rollers. I suspect this may have been a little optimistic but it gives some idea of the potential of the exhaust. The rest of the system features a large straight through silencer and a carbon bike can tailpipe.

Lars

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks spyder

I guess what I really want to know is if it will be restrictive at about 200bhp.
While the engine is fairly standard at the moment it would be good to have something that is future proof, rather than needing to change this again in the future.

Is someone running this manifold with some uprated cams, or has some figures of with this manifold on their car?

coozer

posted on 7/5/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Primaries on my exhaust supplied by http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/ are 1.75" and the collector exit diameter is 2.25" Its tuned length for maximum performance.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

cliftyhanger

posted on 7/5/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt the size of the pipework will be the restrictive bit, it will be the size of wallet to get over 200bhp out of a Zetec.

Also, do any of the manifold manufacturers actually provide dyno charts for their manifolds? not too difficult to make one, not so easy to get it to work well....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.