Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mirrors and IVA
Rosco

posted on 7/5/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Mirrors and IVA

I was looking for mirrors from my Fury at Stoneleigh and left empty handed and frustrated. The message seams to be that due to the fact that on a Fury the mirrors are likely to stick out beyond the widest part of the car for IVA I need mirrors that will spring back if hit.

If this is true is it really restricts my choice to ugly plastic stuff that I'd rather not use. I guess they could always be accidently knocked off but then I'd have bolt holes that I don't want.

One alternative might by classic bullet types but I'm not sure what they'd look like on a Fury or whether they'd give me the field of view I need.

Any ideas?

adithorp

posted on 8/5/12 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I've got m/bike mirrors on mine (R1 I think). They fold back if hit. Mine are short arm mirrors and not great to see over the rear wings (mine passed SVA with no issue). Longer/short arm versions are available for most bike mirrors and they have the same bases, so could be swaped for short ones after IVA. Got them from e-bay. Lots of different ones on there and cheap.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.