Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: •Parts Only Cover - Insurance
Cubby

posted on 17/5/12 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
•Parts Only Cover - Insurance

Has anyone any experience of "parts only cover insurance" for their kit . I noticed this option whilst browsing the Frank Pickles w/site and wondered if as they say "kit owners would most probably prefer to repair their own cars" whether anyone has any comments/experience on this type of cover option.
lewis

posted on 17/5/12 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
I have this cover & recently used it,you have to do a lot of the work yourself ie seeing what parts are required after a accident,pricing them up/check availability etc then a engineer will come take a look & you get a cheque for the parts needed,I wanted to do any repairs to my car myself so this is the best option for me,also less likely to write off the car because they are not paying out on labour.

I am a driving god!..........sort of

owelly

posted on 17/5/12 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just confirm it's Third Party and Parts only cover if you're using it on the road! I had a Parts Only policy whilst the car was in storage which was about £35/year and could be upgraded to TPF&T or fully comp, but until then, the car was not insured for use on the road. Strangely enough, whilst only covered for storage, the car was still listed on ASKMID.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lewis

posted on 17/5/12 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is fully comp parts only,if the car is a total loss I would get market value,how would 3rd party insurance work on parts only insurance?

I am a driving god!..........sort of

mcerd1

posted on 17/5/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lewis
how would 3rd party insurance work on parts only insurance?

maybe you have to do the labour to the other car

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.