Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much power? - new Zetec on Weber 45s
rb968

posted on 3/6/12 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
How much power? - new Zetec on Weber 45s

I have a chance to acquire a brand new Zetec engine (2Litre blacktop I believe) and twin weber 45s with weber engine management ecu from a friends brother who has it.

I was wondering what sort of power webers would make? The bloke has everything needed for a rear wheel drive installation as it was due to go into a stalled Capri project.

I am think about going to a car engine but was looking at MX5 or other on injection and Megasquirt and not considered carbs.

Anyone got a similar setup an care to comment? How much hassle are the webers to setup and keep setup? Will they drink fuel (minor issue really)?

Cheers,
Rich

mookaloid

posted on 3/6/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Burtons Website here would suggest that with suitable induction (e.g. 45's) you can get about 165bhp from the standard motor and you would need reworked heads and cams to see more than this.

[Edited on 3/6/12 by mookaloid]

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

scott-78

posted on 3/6/12 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I was told that unless the 45's are the 5 progression hole type, a zetec runs badly on 45's? I have the same setup and havent ran it up yet. If you or anyone else knows differently I would be relieved to hear so :-)
I believe 170bhp ish is to be had from a standard zetec on carbs..

austin man

posted on 3/6/12 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I ran mine on 40's they did not have the 5 holes I found that there was a bot of a flat spot at 1300rpm so just needed to be on the revs when changing up. I didnt find it a problem plenty of bottom end grunt too. I have since changed to bike carbs which are a little more economical but dont appear to give the same bottom end torque

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.