Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Silvertop zetec rwd dipstick tube question
scott-78

posted on 3/6/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Silvertop zetec rwd dipstick tube question

Hi.. I have a 2.0 silvertop zetec fitted with Sierra CVH sump and pickup pipe. The Sierra cvh dipstick tube doesnt seem to fit. Does anyone know if I need a standard Zetec one? I need to buy a replacement and dont want to spend my money on the wrong bits..
Your help would be much appreciated....

big_wasa

posted on 3/6/12 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
you want the zetec dip stick. I had to drill a hole in the bafle you havnt got for the stick to go through. There is more than one type. Differant dip tube's just place the top in a differant place. The bottom is still the same.

Have you tried the sump on the block ? I was wondering if you had the sump of a 1600 cvh ?

[Edited on 3/6/12 by big_wasa]

scott-78

posted on 4/6/12 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
hi.. thanks for the reply. Mine is a 2.0 silvertop zetec engine with a Sierra 1.8 cvh sump fitted. This is destined to go in my Sierra so is being built accordingly. Has the Zetec pickup pipe in the sump and is mostly finished and ready for install.
just trying to get as much done before the engine goes in as possible as its easier to work on. Will get myself to Fords and see how much the dipstick tube for the Zetec will be then ... .
thanks again ...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.