Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For sale - Media Centre PC
adrianreeve

posted on 10/6/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
For sale - Media Centre PC

In my continued efforts to raise cash for my IVA test, I'm selling my Media Centre PC.

It was built by myself to the following spec:

Antec Fusion Case, with energy efficient 430w power supply, and VFD display, that displays album track or DVD information, or time, weather, news feed, e-mail etc when not being used. You can configure what information it displays yourself with the built-in software.

Asus M5A78L motherboard, bought new in February this year. It has HDMI output, as well as optical digital audio out, so can be connected to decent hi fi amps etc. Mines been connected to a Bose Lifestyle set up, and the surround sound is superb! It has USB 3 outputs for faster transfer speeds, ideal for connecting an external hard drive that supports USB 3. In all, there are 6 USB ports at the rear.

AMD Athlon II x 2 AM3 2900GHz CPU, bought new this February.

8Gb of DDR3 1066MHz RAM, also bought new in February this year.

A 20x DVD+\-RW Samsung DVD Drive

A 500Gb 7200rpm Hard drive. There is a second hard drive bay in the case for when you need more storage, and they are both held in a silicon grommet-mounted cage for quieter running.

I've been using it with iTunes for music and MyMovies to store and catalogue my DVD collection, via Windows Media Centre.

It will come with a fresh install of Windows 7 enterprise edition, ready for you to use whatever software you prefer.

The bad bit:

The 2 front USB ports don't work. My toddler broke one of them, so I just disconnected the internal plug. You could probably repair the problem but with 6 USB ports at the rear, I've never needed the front ones, so didn't bother!

I'm looking for £190 plus postage, but will listen to sensible offers!

This really is a great machine, and I've been very happy with it. Because of the case design, it fits in nicely in tv cabinets, and doesn't look like a PC. With a wireless keyboard or air mouse, you can enjoy all your media from the comfort of your sofa!

Cheers for looking,

Adrian

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

adrianreeve

posted on 12/6/12 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Bump!

Really a great bit of kit - add a tv card and you can record as well!

Cheers

Adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.