Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: X-Flow Roller Rockers - Problem
thepest

posted on 19/6/12 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
X-Flow Roller Rockers - Problem

I had bought this item from burtonpower part number FP205.

As you can see the titan roller rockers are longer than the standard xflow rocker arms. The problem being that when pushing down on the valve it doesn't push directly on top of it but rather starts at the retainer and moves inward as the rocker pushes the valve. Also since the kit was meant to be for standard ratio lift I cannot understand how this maybe possible if the titan rocker arms are of different length.
Measuring the rocker it is 66mm in length.
So, in this case I wonder if I had the wrong part to begin with or
should there have been another component with the kit?

I'm also thinking if perhaps the posts should've been different ones due to a possible offset?

I'm at a slight loss here because I have this rocker assembly which I cannot seem to be able to use.

MikeRJ

posted on 19/6/12 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
The point at which the pushrod contacts the rocker is also a little further out from the pivot, this would tend to offset the increase in length at the other end so the ratio may not be higher, or significantly higher than the standard ones.

The longer a rocker is the better it works since for a given lift a long rocker requires less angular movement. Obviously this isn't very useful if you can't use them! I'm wondering if these are supposed to be used with offset rocker shaft pillars to move the entire shaft back towards the pushrods, have you contacted Titan?

What's happened where the anodising seems to be missing, have they been rubbing on the edge of the valve retainer?

[Edited on 19/6/12 by MikeRJ]

thepest

posted on 19/6/12 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Correct re the rubbing, and I was thinking about the same thing re the posts and hence I'd need a shaft to match too. I haven't tried titan yet, only burton so far but I didn't get much help from the tech department and hence turned out to be quite a frustrating phonecall
MikeRJ

posted on 19/6/12 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
The Burton website shows FP205 to be a complete kit including the rockers, shaft and steel pillars - did these not come with your kit?
thepest

posted on 20/6/12 at 05:24 AM Reply With Quote
Yes they did, however when assembled this problem occured. They did "work" so to speak however not correclty. This issue is troubling me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.