Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newark show
jacko

posted on 19/6/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Newark show

Hi all just letting you know i have put some photos in my archive if you fancy a look

Also i missed having a chat with the MK boys where were you ?
All in all i thought the show was not as good as other years and hope it gets better next year
( only my opinion )

I would like to congratulate ( Loco r1 ) Dave on a fantastic looking bike it looks the dogs
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
I predict a Riot

posted on 19/6/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I took my teenage son on Saturday and I must say that we were both really disappointed with the whole thing.

I know before anyone shoots me down - the weather was crap! That must account for a lot of people deciding not to attend but where we're the exhibitors and stall holders?

The only ones outside that were open outside were selling the normal tat you can get at a local car boot sale.

On the plus side I thought that the exhibitors inside had made a good effort especially MEV.

Let's hope for better next year as if I had gone as a newbie looking to pick out a kit I think I would of left with my money still in my pocket.

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 19/6/12 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I agree about the weather, it was sheeeeeeite!

It would have been a much better show with better weather. Newark is never a big show but the show ground was empty due to the rain.

coozer

posted on 19/6/12 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Apparently the knobs in charge of the show went round early Saturday telling the stall peeps that the wind was going to pick up to 60mph so they packed up and buggered off! BTW, it never happened.

We were there in our open top 7's for the weekend as where a few early on who buggered off as well.

I've no idea why no more turned up, after all it was dry Saturday morning and only really light rain Saturday, sunny, dry sunday!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

L5W

posted on 19/6/12 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I was there on the sunday in the indy. I was a bit disappointed with the show too but had a great day as a whole. This was the longest journey I'd made in the Indy since being on the road, doubling the total mileage on the car in just one day and I really enjoyed the drive over in convoy with East Anglian Kit Car Club. I didn't take many photos but there are a few in my archive.

still need to clean the bug splats off the car...

Lee

http://l5w-mk-indy-zetec.blogspot.com/

andy1303

posted on 19/6/12 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I went on Sunday hoping to buy a car.

I couldn't believe the kit cars for sale area was full of tin tops, I felt the show was badly laid out with the classic cars where the kits should have been, and I (maybe my fault) thought the website suggested there would be more manufacturers there and they weren't.

I do believe the crap weather during the week must have put off a lot of owners but I'm not sure it was worth the 6hrs round trip driving there and home.

The positive was a great chat I had with a father and son who'd built themselves a very nice Indy R1.

Andy

coozer

posted on 19/6/12 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy1303
I went on Sunday hoping to buy a car.

I couldn't believe the kit cars for sale area was full of tin tops, I felt the show was badly laid out with the classic cars where the kits should have been, and I (maybe my fault) thought the website suggested there would be more manufacturers there and they weren't.

I do believe the crap weather during the week must have put off a lot of owners but I'm not sure it was worth the 6hrs round trip driving there and home.

The positive was a great chat I had with a father and son who'd built themselves a very nice Indy R1.

Andy

Shame you didnt come on the Saturday.. Dunc was selling a mint MK!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

FazerBob

posted on 19/6/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by L5W
I was there on the sunday in the indy. I was a bit disappointed with the show too but had a great day as a whole. This was the longest journey I'd made in the Indy since being on the road, doubling the total mileage on the car in just one day and I really enjoyed the drive over in convoy with East Anglian Kit Car Club. I didn't take many photos but there are a few in my archive.

still need to clean the bug splats off the car...

Lee

glad you and James could join us Lee, it's always more fun running with a convoy. Pity the show was so poor. I can appreciate that the lousy weather on Saturday put a lot of people off, but where were all the trade stands we have seen in previous years. I went along with my shopping list intending to spend £150+, but came home without being able to buy one single item. Very, very poor show.
Bob

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.