Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stator Wiring 3 pin plug fused R1 4XV 1999
The Venom Project

posted on 20/6/12 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Stator Wiring 3 pin plug fused R1 4XV 1999

Would anyone know why I would have these three wires all looking grim and melted the plug?

I have found a set of melted contacts with my Stator connection, and think maybe the extra towing electrics may have contributed to this? I wondered if the extra wiring running trailer LED lights, and the usage of my Headlights going down to Newark Friday maybe the cause of this?

Not 100% sure, but a bit odd that its all fused, no idea what this means, and unsure why its happened, Rectifier wiring is fine, and apart from its connection, all the wiring coming from the Stator and going back to the Rectifier are fine. May just cut out the crap connection and fit nicer 10G wire and solder in place.

Cheers

Nick

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

locoR1

posted on 20/6/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Had the same problem on mine just put it down to a bad connection causing the plug to melt replaced with a good quality connector soldering the terminals.
Haven't had another problem with it in the last 3-4 years

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

The Venom Project

posted on 20/6/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers

What would a shitty connection do? Would I have noticed crap lighting between sidelights to dip? Do you think towing electrics has caused this?

locoR1

posted on 20/6/12 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
You probably wouldn't notice till it got that bad it wouldn't charge properly so flat battery would be the first indication.
Wouldn't think led lights would make allot of difference so just put it down to dirty connections or crappy Yamaha connector replace it properly and forget about it!

My car is right on the limit of the charging system with the oil scavenge pump and charge cooler pump and havent had a problem since i replaced the connector.

Dave.

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

The Venom Project

posted on 20/6/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Dave, Will make a nice new connection and as you say, forget about it :-)

Nick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.