Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: When will mal get banned!
lewis

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
When will mal get banned!

As per the title why is he still allowed to race like this

[Edited on 24/6/12 by lewis]

I am a driving god!..........sort of

Slimy38

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Oddly enough, the same sentiment is echoed on another car forum that I go on... I missed the incident itself, but it sounds like he actually had to go off track to complete his 'manoeuvre'?
Krismc

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
The Monaco incident, then the hamilton attack after Q3 a few races back, now this. he needs to take a chill pill

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

lewis

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I could see it coming a lap before & knew the only way past was to drive dirty totally unbelievable!

I am a driving god!..........sort of

Pete - Kit Car Zone

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I think he made the mistake the corner before by trying to go round the outside of Hamilton who obviously had no rear tyres left and was never going to be able to hold the middle line, it was always going to result in Maldonado being squeezed off of the track, nothing Hamilton could do about it. But yea no idea why he t-boned Hamilton on the next turn. Suicidal, especially as he could have just re-joined behind Hamilton and picked him off later on in the lap as he was struggling with his tyres.

Still waiting for Raikonen to win one, It's got to be around the corner, the Lotus is looking pretty decent.

And cant believe how much Jenson's fallen off the last few races. Just need a nice bit of rain to bring him back into things!

Kit Car Zone

Krismc

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
The reason he T-boned him was he was on the curb full plank and couldnt steer anymore, absolutely stupid.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Plenty of similar moves had been made successfully during the race with the drivers giving each other racing room. In my eyes Hamilton didn't need to squeeze him off the track (given their previous history also) to keep a position he would inevitably lose a few corners later. Not to say Maldanardo wasn't at fault as he could of continued without turning into Hamilton but about time the far more experienced Hamilton realised its better to finish than not.

Flame suit on

ditchlewis

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
yes he was on the curb, but he could have turned left earlier and rejoined later. hamilton said he could not have held him off any longer.

i think its a case of red mist clouding his judgement that resulted in an accident and both drivers out. Maldonado seems to be prone to red mist and bad judgements.

ditch

Krismc

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
If you watch the in car footage from Hamilton, there is no where he could of gone.

Yes his tires where old, but he only had a few laps left so why give up the place when he was holding him of so well.

Maldanardo should have lifted and tried again.

se7en

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Plenty of similar moves had been made successfully during the race with the drivers giving each other racing room. In my eyes Hamilton didn't need to squeeze him off the track (given their previous history also) to keep a position he would inevitably lose a few corners later. Not to say Maldanardo wasn't at fault as he could of continued without turning into Hamilton but about time the far more experienced Hamilton realised its better to finish than not.

Flame suit on

Vision Express!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 24/6/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
We can argue all day that Hamilton should maybe have settled for letting the position go, especially as his tyres were well shot, but that's not him and that's not racing. Maldanardo should have held off, as already said, it would only been a matter of a few more corners before the inevitable.

At least a 1 race ban needed to send a message.

IMHO

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

se7en

posted on 24/6/12 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
We can argue all day that Hamilton should maybe have settled for letting the position go, especially as his tyres were well shot, but that's not him and that's not racing. Maldanardo should have held off, as already said, it would only been a matter of a few more corners before the inevitable.

At least a 1 race ban needed to send a message.

IMHO

+1 ^^^

Although I do not agree with the one race ban - deduct 5/10 places, yes
IMVHO

StevieB

posted on 24/6/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Well he got a 20 sec penalty on his race time in the end.

Doesn't seem fair, but given that it takes him out of any points and makes his afternoon of efforts and decent quali a waste of time it'll suffice.

Feel bad for his engineers though - it must feel like a slap in the face every time he does something like this and throws away their efforts in building a fast car AND they have to spend a load more time (and money, which Frank won't like!) fixing the avoidable damage time and time again.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.