Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Eurocarparts cheaper sister company
jossey

posted on 3/7/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Eurocarparts cheaper sister company

Went to buy a few bits for my car today and a search on the net showed me a site which looks identical to euro car parts site but much cheaper. A little bit of searching showed its a ster company and much much cheaper. Even better is that euro car parts matched the prices.

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/

Might help someone hopefully

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 3/7/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Carparts4less is around 25-30% cheaper than ECP, but ECP give away 25% off codes permanently.
Carparts4less give away codes but not as often and for not as much, the last one was for a tenner off.
They're offering free next day delivery at the moment.

All parts are the same as ECP including their own budget brand.
I've used them plenty, no problems.

Recommended by me too

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

turboben

posted on 3/7/12 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Good find! Thanks
MikeR

posted on 3/7/12 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd only ever get branded parts (like bosch).

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason and personal experience says its not cause the big names are making huge profits on the part.

The other way to look at it is - how often do you want to replace the part? cheap parts need replacing more often.

wombat

posted on 3/7/12 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a look and found some good brand parts at competitive prices. Registered and will be placing orders tomorrow! Thanks David!
James

posted on 4/7/12 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
The other alternative is to make friends with a mechanic who has a good trade discount.

I now pester a mate who runs a garage when I need stuff. I just can't believe how much cheaper some of the stuff is!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Slimy38

posted on 4/7/12 at 05:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Personally I'd only ever get branded parts (like bosch).

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason and personal experience says its not cause the big names are making huge profits on the part.

The other way to look at it is - how often do you want to replace the part? cheap parts need replacing more often.

Totally agree, especially for electrical items (For example VW/Audi cars have enough trouble with coil packs by default without buying cheap replacements!!!). Fortunately ECP still sell a decent set of parts as well as their budget stuff.

Matt_C

posted on 4/7/12 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
It is the same company, even the returns address for the refurbed calipers I exchanged was the same. Have been using them for a while; never had any problems and they have quick delivery. It ends up being the same price as the usual trade discount ECP give, have managed to order through a mate a couple of times. They are the same branded parts you get from ECP.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.