New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: British GP
maccmike

posted on 5/7/12 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
British GP

Off to Silverstone in the morning for the weekend, BRDC vip tickets too
tims31

posted on 5/7/12 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Nice... take you waders by the sounds of the weather.

Enjoy it, I haven't been for years but used to love going, the sound of the old Ferrari V12 were awesome Went every year from 89- 2000 but cant afford it now

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

stephen_gusterson

posted on 5/7/12 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Im off to there too tomorrow. Was meant to be today until we had an email from Woodlands campsite that they are on code RED for the weather.

This means that you cant park next to your tent, you have to leave your car in a designated area the whole weekend, and if you leave with car, you cant come back.

Ive got used to comfy camping, have a tent that weighs 18kg on its own, and stuff to go with it. Chances of getting the tent up after work (im only 40 mins from the track) would have been cutting it fine as it was nearly dark last year once we had it up.

So, destined for mid afternoon tomorrow, (missing friday practice ) when its supposedly going to tip down. Just spent a fortune in wet weather stuf (well, £30 is if you dont use it ) and sun cream as well, to cover all bases.

I hope its going to be worth it. Number 1 son recons it will be great cos racing is better in the wet - if he says that when im wet through i might have to throttle him homer simpson style

atb

steve

Jon Ison

posted on 5/7/12 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Best of British guys, I hope the weather doesn't spoil things for you but if you get some of the rain we have been seeing lately

we had a shower here earlier this evening that I could compare to when we got caught in hurricane Jean several years ago, the valley behind us now as that spooky foggy lok about it as the heat draws the water back up to drop it on some other unsuspecting soul.

what is the forecast around silverstone, ours is horrendous for tomorrow and we are not much more than an hour away.

stevegough

posted on 6/7/12 at 05:15 AM Reply With Quote
The weather was scorching when I went to the GP earlier this year..... mind you, it was 'down under'

thread

One word of advice, make sure you get some earplugs - I wear hearing aids, but I had to remove them and 'plug up' - the noise is literally painful!

Hope you all have a great few days.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

puma931

posted on 6/7/12 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
The forecast for Silverstone is liquid sunshine all weekend

[Edited on 6/7/12 by puma931]

Rod Ends

posted on 6/7/12 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Practice on Freeview 301 now - raining
Westy1994

posted on 6/7/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Seems they have severely underestimated the numbers of cars turning up and trying to park... and are having issues housing everyone, how can they have got so confused?. Can you get a ticket on the day?, as I would have thought for such a big event it was pre-book only..
spiderman

posted on 6/7/12 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
Seems they have severely underestimated the numbers of cars turning up and trying to park... and are having issues housing everyone, how can they have got so confused?. Can you get a ticket on the day?, as I would have thought for such a big event it was pre-book only..

The reason for not being able to park next to the tent will be because of the weather, not because they have underestimated numbers. The camping area will be on grass no doubt and they still remember the fiasco of a few years ago when the race was held earlier in the season and everyone on the grass car parks had to be towed off by tractor as the rain had turned the car parks into a quagmire.

Spider

Westy1994

posted on 6/7/12 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh I see, that was not explained as clear on the TV broadcast, having said that, its the UK in summer - it always rains...lol...

Also I noticed that the F1 show at 6pm features a Cat 7 doing an autotest by the looks of it, may be worth a watch?.

morcus

posted on 6/7/12 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Is it raining everywhere else then? It's incredibly hot still here and unfortunatly no sign of rain what so ever.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Westy1994

posted on 6/7/12 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
It is here, was thinking of taking the wheels off the 7 and using it as a canoe instead...... very wet here , car all legal for the first time in 12 months and all we get is rain, grrrrrrrr
stevegough

posted on 6/7/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
It is here, was thinking of taking the wheels off the 7 and using it as a canoe instead...... very wet here , car all legal for the first time in 12 months and all we get is rain, grrrrrrrr

That's good, I was wondering who to blame for Blackpool being its usual sunny self!

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Johneturbo

posted on 7/7/12 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Did i just hear on the news, Silverstone are telling people with tickets not to come today. shame on you Silverstone!

I'm going to Spa instead this year and the cost of the weekend is almost the same and thats including paying for travelling/ferry

rusty nuts

posted on 7/7/12 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Suppose Bernie will be whinging about it and saying there may not be a British GP in the future due to access being a fiasco again?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.