Author: Subject: PRO-BLADE-TURBO-COMP. RE-BUILD
Dopdog

posted on 3/8/12 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
looking good, I also like lots of pictures
mark chandler

posted on 3/8/12 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
Floor fitted and made a start on the front and rear wishbones, fitted all new bushes purchased from Matt at Procomp .

ally floor on frame
ally floor on frame

Also fitted the massive huge Alcon callipers and disc’s.

offside front.dsic and caliper

Slotted the diff in but this was going to come out at some point as i wanted a 3.54 ratio.

If you run nice 13" wheels then this diff will not cut it, I run 3.14 in my turbo blade and run out of revs +12,000 by Brands Hatch pit lane !!! that's with 185/60/13 tyres all around.

welderman

posted on 3/8/12 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
quote:
Floor fitted and made a start on the front and rear wishbones, fitted all new bushes purchased from Matt at Procomp .

ally floor on frame
ally floor on frame

Slotted the diff in but this was going to come out at some point as i wanted a 3.54 ratio.

If you run nice 13" wheels then this diff will not cut it, I run 3.14 in my turbo blade and run out of revs +12,000 by Brands Hatch pit lane !!! that's with 185/60/13 tyres all around.

bugger

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

MsD

posted on 3/8/12 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Looking really good Joe, but....
If mines not on the road before yours somethings not right!

I know your weight saving with all the Carbon but isnt drilling thousands of holes in your chassis a step too far?

Mark.

Dangle_kt

posted on 3/8/12 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
looks great - so you still have fury too? How did you swing that???
bigfoot4616

posted on 3/8/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

ally floor on frame
ally floor on frame

bugger

3.54 is as good as you can get for the live axle though. from what i remember when i had the blade fitted with 205/60/13's it would be geared for about 125 max. more than enough with no turbo, wouldn't of thought it would be enough for you though. increase the tyre size?

welderman

posted on 3/8/12 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Dangle. Fury has gone now since I did the diff

Mark. The rate I'm going. You could build 2 cars lol

Richard. Fury topped out at 128 so I could probably live with a bit less speed. Hopefully it's how quick it gets there

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

mark chandler

posted on 5/8/12 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
You will have no problem getting there

I was at Woodbridge yesterday, faster accelerating than a Nissan Skyline and Griffith, kept with a Porsche GT3RS on acceleration, better on the twisty stuff slower when flat out as hitting the rev limiter then he started to pull away then my clutch went (I suspect the lifting pin has snapped again) so never got a chance for him to let me go past and see if he could keep pace with me.

2010 911 stats (it arrived on a trailer)

The new car therefore continues the series of uncompromisingly sporting derivatives of the 911 homologated for road use and, with its purist character, addresses above all the driver with motorsport ambitions, as the car's specifications clearly prove: 3.8-litre six-cylinder horizontally-opposed power unit delivering 450 bhp (331 kW); six-speed manual gearbox; acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 4.0 seconds; top speed 310 km/h (192 mph); DIN unladen weight 1,370 kg (3,021 lb); fuel consumption in the NEDC driving cycle 13.2 ltr/100 km (equal to 21.4 mpg imp).

My £3000 investment is looking pretty good

welderman

posted on 10/8/12 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I was at Woodbridge yesterday, faster accelerating than a Nissan Skyline and Griffith, kept with a Porsche GT3RS on acceleration, better on the twisty stuff slower when flat out as hitting the rev limiter then he started to pull away then my clutch went (I suspect the lifting pin has snapped again) so never got a chance for him to let me go past and see if he could keep pace with me.

The new car therefore continues the series of uncompromisingly sporting derivatives of the 911 homologated for road use and, with its purist character, addresses above all the driver with motorsport ambitions, as the car's specifications clearly prove: 3.8-litre six-cylinder horizontally-opposed power unit delivering 450 bhp (331 kW); six-speed manual gearbox; acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 4.0 seconds; top speed 310 km/h (192 mph); DIN unladen weight 1,370 kg (3,021 lb); fuel consumption in the NEDC driving cycle 13.2 ltr/100 km (equal to 21.4 mpg imp).

Shame about the clutch pin, was it welded longer or did you get one machined to suit ?

Joe

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

welderman

posted on 27/9/12 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Right, where were we ?

Not been able to get on the car as late, found out that Mrs Welderman is expecting our third (3rd) child , this will be over ten years since i last changed a nappy lol.

Anyway, we (the Mrs) decided that we needed more room at home so for the last few weeks ive been busy in the garage and with the help of Tommy P, i now have an extra room. Just need to get some furniture in there and its sorted. Once all the dust has settled i will be back on with the build. Apparently i can keep the car (for now)

i have been able to sort the wiring out though, having the car at work and being able to work on it at dinner has been quite useful as of late.

BIG thanks to Steve Keenan at MK sports cars for being at the other end of the phone , he is an electrical genius

[Edited on 27/9/12 by welderman]

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

roadrunner

posted on 27/9/12 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
If you are trying to keep the cost down, why all the carbon.
By the way, theirs not enough pictures of the carbon side panels.

Brad.

AllWeatherDan

posted on 27/9/12 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Your right, more pics of the beautiful Carbon would not go amiss.........

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Just the ones I ask!

adithorp

posted on 27/9/12 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations! Better get cracking on the car before you're up to your elbows in nappys.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

welderman

posted on 27/9/12 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
lol, carbon is the future and i have been collecting it for a few years now, got quite a few scrappy bits which i cut bits to make nice bits if that makes sense

Right, the engine is now in and ive started to make a start on the plumbing !, made up some ally brackets and fitted the radiator, then made some side panels for the charge cooler rad to fit to and also they will keep the air going through the rad and help cool things down alot better.

rad mounting and side cooling
rad mounting and side cooling

charge cooler rad and rad
charge cooler rad and rad

front rad and rad
front rad and rad

Now that the cooling is hopefully sorted i went about trying to fit the nose cone, wish caused me quite a few problems and had to keep cutting the ally radiator side panels down until i eventually got the nose cone to fit.

Then i thought i would cut a slot into the front of the nose cone, this will get more air into the charge cooler rad (that was one job i was not looking forward to, but now it looks quite good me thinks).

nose cone cut out
nose cone cut out

nose cone cut out
nose cone cut out

trial cut out nose cone
trial cut out nose cone

trial nose cut fit
trial nose cut fit

nose cone trial fit
nose cone trial fit

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

welderman

posted on 27/9/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Congratulations! Better get cracking on the car before you're up to your elbows in nappys.

thanks Ady, i realy want to get cracking with the car now, but got to keep the Mrs happy too (maybe thats where the baby came from lol), so my dinner breaks mean i spend approx 2 hours a week on the car, progress is coming along slowly.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

adithorp

posted on 27/9/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
...maybe thats where the baby came from lol...

Might be worth getting to the bottom of that before you're up to your elbows in babies.

How's Tommy's bonnet doing?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

welderman

posted on 27/9/12 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
...maybe thats where the baby came from lol...

Might be worth getting to the bottom of that before you're up to your elbows in babies.

How's Tommy's bonnet doing?

Toms bonnet has still not arrived. It's been on order for ages now

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

MsD

posted on 27/9/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats Joe!
The cars coming along nicely!
Is it being IVA'd? If so im sure it'll be blasting up the trough!

Mark.

welderman

posted on 27/9/12 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mark

The car was SVA before it got stripped back to its chassi so will be on the road trips up the trough

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

welderman

posted on 2/10/12 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
On with the charge cooler.

I’ve gone for a homemade build, so there’s only me to blame if it does not do what it’s supposed to.

Well started off by getting hold of a second hand intercooler from this very site, thanks to 40inches for the Valeo intercooler, one plastic end was damaged but seeing as i was going to cut them both off then that were not a problem.

intercooler
intercooler

So then started to get the end off with a big flat blade screw driver until i was left with the ally core.

Proceeded then to cut and fold some ends for the air to run through.

side
side

Welded them on when i was happy i had what i think is ok.

sides
sides

sides.
sides.

Cut and put a small bead on some tube and welded them onto the ends of the in/out let holes and hey presto i have an ally intercooler!!!!!!

ends
ends

Pressure tested it and no leaks

tube ends
tube ends

Cut and folded some more ally plate and made a jacket to cover the intercooler fins/body, this is where the water will flow around and hopefully cool the air from the turbo, fingers crossed. Any way welded that lot up, added a couple of 12mm pipes for the water to run trough and job done.

charge cooler
charge cooler

I’m happy with the result, tested for leaks and all is ok

Fitted it to the car and next job is finish off the plumbing, put some water in and try starting her up: 0

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

welderman

posted on 8/10/12 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Bit more done on the car this week

Decided to PU the front arches on, i love PU, it’s called Good S#it here at work lol.

Any way, cut the profiles for the arch stays that come off the front uprights, i hate cutting the carbon fiber, you cant weld a bit back on if it all goes pete tounge.

Once on i just tapeded them up with good ole packaging tape.

Job done

arch
arch

front arch
front arch

PU front arch
PU front arch

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

jeffw

posted on 8/10/12 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look at Avon ZZR tyres. They do a 215/60 13" which is closer to 231mm in section. The other choice is Kunho V70 (235/50 from memory) both of which would give you more top end.

mark chandler

posted on 8/10/12 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Shame about the clutch pin, was it welded longer or did you get one machined to suit ?

Joe

Welded pin, it snapped at the base so I have stuck back together with a fillet.

Pretty tough metal, if it fails again I guess Machining will be required in HSS.

Regards Mark

welderman

posted on 8/10/12 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to get a few hours off this weekend from doing the house work !, sorry decorating.

Getting quite excited now being a Dad again, we only have the babies room to decorate now, but mrs welderman can decide how/what/which way things are being done in the spare room ARGH !.

Any how, back on the important stuff, decided rather than make a new rear tub i would try and make good alloy the one that originally came off the car, it was slightly out of shape and having access to lots of hammers etc at work i managed to get it looking pretty dam fine.

Offered it up to the frame and got most of the old rivet holes to match up, whipped the rivet gun out, used the rubber hammer to get the top and curved edges flat and it went on like a dream.

panel rear
panel rear

rear panel
rear panel

rear
rear

Happy happy happy

marked up for the rear arch

panelrear
panelrear

rearpanel
rearpanel

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

scootz

posted on 8/10/12 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Good work fella!

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.