Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Host Pt 2
ReMan

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Which Host Pt 2

Well I've chosen a (available ) domain name and looking to order it.
That took weeks!
And I think I,ve learnt a bit on the way.

My want list has now grown and I want also want to be able to host a small e-shop.

Some of the providers seem to want to do this as a separate and paid for option (around £9.99 mth).
This is too much for me at this point on top of the web hosting, I'm looking for something with a bit more flexibility whist I get some practice in.

Has anyone any experience of eshoppy ?

They seem to be offering a good package with e-shop tools for a good price?

Of course any other opinions advice beyond that you already have is always welcome

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mads

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
i would just look at the free e-commerce stuff that comes with most hosting packages e.g. http://orchardhosting.com/auto-install-scripts (and go to e-commerce) shows a long list of FREE e-commerce programs that you can play about with to your hearts content without having to pay a monthly charge.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

MikeR

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
look up get British business online. its free to begin with and you can do a basic sins for free or upgrade he you wish. its what my company uses although I don't use the shop. its backed by the British gov and Google.
ReMan

posted on 11/7/12 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mads
i would just look at the free e-commerce stuff that comes with most hosting packages e.g. http://orchardhosting.com/auto-install-scripts (and go to e-commerce) shows a long list of FREE e-commerce programs that you can play about with to your hearts content without having to pay a monthly charge.

That this is all new to me was why I had no idea that "auto install script" had anything to do with an e-shop!
And Orchard don't seem to mention it or push it.

So thanks again, Orchard it is!

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mads

posted on 11/7/12 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Orchard aren't about loads of fancy advertising etc. It's pretty straightforward type of company who tend to get a lot of trade from recommendations.

If you do have any questions, just drop them an email, someone will get back to you quite quickly. Or feel free to drop me a u2u if you have any other questions or want my number to just chat things through.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.