Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blackpool ?
Jon Ison

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Blackpool ?

Recommend me a nice family B&B or hotel preferably with parking for a weekend away, me, swimbo & 10 year daughter.

Think it's time little miss isonblade tasted the delights of Blackpool pleasure beach, not been myself for years either.

daniel mason

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
there is a travel lodge type hotel clost to airport which is close to pleasure beach an south pier. not sure of costings though.
there are literally dozens and dozens of b&b's at south side near pleasure beach and a hotel called big blue which is literally next door

zilspeed

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
St. Anne's is where I would go.

It's not Blackpool but next door for the pleasure beach for miss.

owelly

posted on 11/7/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I should say that it's not really a place to take the family as it's all kiss me quick hats, drunken stag and hen parties and it's knee deep in chip wrappers and dog cack, but.....
I like the place. We used to go over on a Saturday afternoon to see the night sights and then the Sunday do a tour of the Pleasure Beach and off to the zoo. Head back to the right side of the Pennines after tea.
As said, there are literally hundreds of B&Bs from £20/night to nice hotels. Trip Advisor is the place to be to find the right thing for your budget.
Perhaps I like the place because it's nice to go home...?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Greenie

posted on 11/7/12 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
St.Ives Hotel on the Prom at St Annes, been going for years and years with the kids and friends, had some great weekends, ideal for kids, pool and playrooms etc.... Give it a look ....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 11/7/12 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
We collected sun holiday vouchers and went to the haven park at fleetwood. Suspect your daughter is getting too old for the shows though, but ours at 3 and 1 love bradley bear! Just did a day trip to blackpool.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Alan B

posted on 11/7/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
After reading the title I thought for second that maybe the place had been flattened by an atomic expolsion........imagine my disappointment....

Alan

(originally from Preston, if that helps to understand my comment...all in jest of course..)

Jon Ison

posted on 11/7/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
For 2 nights maybe we will try the travel inn but the St Ives looks good having checked there website, just want something clean tidy and with off road parking, guess Blackpool will always be Blackpool but I think miss isonblade deserves a day pass on the pleasure beech and a decent evening show (if there are any these days ?)
bobinspain

posted on 11/7/12 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
As a Lancastrian, Blackpool was our 'stomping ground' in the late 60s, early 70s. We'd go down Brian London's nightclub and the trick was to 'beware Jack (junior), Brian's brother. He'd hit first and ask questions after. The stairs up to the club were like those of a suburban house, but with crappier carpets.
We'd fall asleep in sleeping bags on a hotel putting green and remain there until opening time or until the concierge shooed us away. Happy days!
Lytham St Annes is far more couth, and always has been, but beware prices with the Open imminent. Prices may already be beginning to creep up.
Enjoy the Fylde coast.

deltron63

posted on 11/7/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I went there once, never again
KitCatE1

posted on 11/7/12 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I go all the time for some strange reason lol best place i went recently was premier inn central close to the pleasure beach and loads of free parking not many places with guaranteed off road parking in Blackpool especially in the season. Took the ST last weekend spent the weekend on the road not ideal
Westy1994

posted on 11/7/12 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst not in the town itself, I have recommend Norbreck Castle Hotel to a few mates who were staying up here during a race weekend ( Blackpool Sprints - remember those? ) many years ago. All woke up the next morning seemingly in good order and no one had any complaints that I was aware of.

Not sure what 2012 Blackpool is like in summer these days, I am further up the coast than that, but yes it was all kiss me quick hats and stag parties back in the 80's.

No doubt some more ' locals' will be along any second with some better suggestions.

Rich

computid

posted on 12/7/12 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
Whilst not in the town itself, I have recommend Norbreck Castle Hotel to a few mates who were staying up here during a race weekend ( Blackpool Sprints - remember those? ) many years ago. All woke up the next morning seemingly in good order and no one had any complaints that I was aware of.

I stayed there in 2009 with some friends. It was NOT pleasant. Dirty room, crisp packets under the bed, fairly sure the bedding hadn't been washed. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody tbh.

Last time I stayed in blackpool I stayed at the Bona Vista, nice family run hotel, good price and a nice hotel bar that is VERY reasonably priced. Would happily stay there again.

http://www.blackpoolbonavistahotel.co.uk/

[Edited on 12/7/12 by computid]

Westy1994

posted on 12/7/12 at 01:31 AM Reply With Quote
Ahh, that was most likey my mates, they did say they had party the night before

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.