Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: so its finally running....
Harlanite

posted on 16/7/12 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
so its finally running....

My mate and I have got the our 1.8 zetec running (at last) after much fannying around and nearly dousing ourselves in burning petrol (long story) and there is a water leak we can't pin down. Its leaking while the engine is running or not, its driping from the the front left hand side (when looking at it from the front of the car) and I can see the very slight trickle coming past the oil filter flange but I can't see any further back than that yet.

There is no fuel or oil in the water, could it just be a loose pipe on the other side of the engine and its running across or could it be a seal on the water pump? Any other clues gratefully received

Matt_C

posted on 16/7/12 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I am just stripping and cleaning up my 1.8 zetec at the moment, a pre '94 model. The bearing in the water pump housing had gone so had to change the entire unit. The seal on the old unit had degraded well beyond a usable state, it came of in lumps only when I took a screwdriver to it. Would have thought that seal would have caused me issues with leaking when I got it running if it had not been changed. Sounds like your problem it is coming from the same area so may be worth investigating that as a solution.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.