Author: Subject: Mercedes ML 320 V6 7seater Milton Keynes £2450 ideal towcar
montythemole

posted on 24/7/12 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Mercedes ML 320 V6 7seater Milton Keynes £2450 ideal towcar

Model: Mercedes ML 320 3.2l V6 Petrol

Year: 2000 - W Reg

Mileage: 101K

Tax: Expires end of July 2012 - £220 for a year

MOT: Fresh MOT on it, so expires July 26th 2013, so only needs tax to see you through the winter and to next summer.

Pics: Below

Transmission: Auto Triptronic

Price: £2450 or offers

Up for sale is the Wife's ML320. Bought this about 2 years ago when second kid arrived and we had a massive pram. She's now got a smaller pram and a C-class estate so up for sale.

We looked at a lot of these before buying and some are dog rough, rusted out and not looking pretty. This one is a decent example (her Dad's a MBenz mechanic of some 20 years or so and had a good check before).

The Spec -
Lovely V6 3.2 engine with Auto triptronic box
Low range box (never used as bumping up pavements is about as off road as we've gone)
12 Month MOT and tax until end of July, so if you sort insurance it's an easy collect and drive home (day insurance on moneysupermarket is around £30)
Dark green with factory tints on rear
Electric windows (including rear qtr pop-outs)
Electric mirrors with electric folding
Electric heated front seats with memory
Merc Cassette head unit with disc changer in boot (currently need to find the code to re-enable)
Cruise control
Leather seats, 7 seater (rear two in boot)
Big inside, can fit three car seats in middle row for kids unlike the c-class that replaces it!
Approx 101k
MBenz Service History
Plastic boot liner to keep it clean, ideal for dogs (we don't have any!)
Tow bar with electrics, not used myself but ideal for towing duties
Good condition for age, only a touch of rust on leading edge of bonnet beneath grill and bottom of front wing one side (photo)

The bad -
Touch of rust on leading edge of bonnet beneath grill and some paint damage to the plastic number plate holder on the front (photo)
Dink on wheel arch drivers side (photo)
MOT showed a nail in rear tyre, losses air very slowly (over a month) so not a huge issue.
Other MOT advisories - pitted rear disks (been sat for a while) and slight play on front suspension arms
Rear row of seats have lost their head rests, not a big issue as generally used for kids
Parking kit fitted on rear works well, but I never got around to wiring up the front sensors as in the space of a few days she clipped both edges of front bumper on walls so didn't seem a lot of point! As such the bumper has light cracking on the sides (photo)
Can be thirsty if you have a heavy right foot
Stereo needs a code (will look for it)
Aircon leaks over time. Generally a recharge in spring will see you through to winter.

Think that's about it. Car is in Milton Keynes, J14 of M1. Collection before end of Month would obviously save road tax issues.

1985 Dutton Phaeton Series 3 1300GT

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 24/7/12 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
My mum's got one of these the same age, it's on 190k miles and drives perfectly, tows all sorts and servicing is not expensive.

montythemole

posted on 24/7/12 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, they are good cars. I'm tempted to keep to tow a kitcar or similar but given I've not been out in my Dutton in over a year, keeping another car just to tow one I don't use seems a bit excessive!

Also on ebay -
2000 MERCEDES ML 320 AUTO GREEN Full MOT, Leather, Cruise, 4x4 | eBay

montythemole

posted on 27/7/12 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't sell on ebay so open to offers around 2k!

montythemole

posted on 2/8/12 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
SOLD!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.