Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: being filmed at werk
theconrodkid

posted on 25/7/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
being filmed at werk

as part of yet another qualification i have to take i have to go for a ride round with an inspector,he asks me stupid questions and aparently films me in action.....i dont like people taking pics of me and certanally dont want someone filming me,anyone know if i can refuse to be filmed ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

nick205

posted on 25/7/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
What's the purpose of filming it and what happens to the film afterwards? At the very least you can request a copy of the film under the FOI Act.

Chippy

posted on 25/7/12 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Can understand your reluctance Conrod, what if it gets into the hands of the BiB, your stuffed. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Ben_Copeland

posted on 26/7/12 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
Well if they ask you to drop your trousers....run

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

designer

posted on 26/7/12 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
It's a none question if you don't tell is what you are doing it for!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 26/7/12 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
he most likely fancies you and the endlessly replaying loop of your film will go on top of the shrine he’s made in his bedroom
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 26/7/12 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I'd think that as employer and that its not a partuicularly unreasonable request, for audit purposes perhaps, (even if you dont like it) , I think you could refuse at your peril.

Same ending as if you refuse to wear a high viz jacket or hard hat because you dont like the colour........

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

blakep82

posted on 26/7/12 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
I'd think that as employer and that its not a partuicularly unreasonable request, for audit purposes perhaps, (even if you dont like it) , I think you could refuse at your peril.

Same ending as if you refuse to wear a high viz jacket or hard hat because you dont like the colour........

correct, not doing just because 'you don't like your video taken' isn't a very valid reason, man up, and get it done, then forget about it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

TheGiantTribble

posted on 26/7/12 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Declare you religeon will not allow it, due to the camera being the work of the devil, and it will capture your soul
or
Go into work naked, wave your sausage at 'em (with bright yellow painted hard hat on the end) and see if they still want to film you
or
Just get on with it

scootz

posted on 26/7/12 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantTribble
... due to the camera being the work of the devil, and it will capture your soul...

LOL... some of the travellers used to pull that one when they were huckled. It never worked!

It's Evolution Baby!

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/7/12 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantTribble
... due to the camera being the work of the devil, and it will capture your soul...

LOL... some of the travellers used to pull that one when they were huckled. It never worked!

Apparently African tribes thought the camera's did capture their soul and were not happy about it either, kind of makes sense when they see little mini me’s on paper
As for the film I’d ask what context your footage was going to be used, if it was just a collection of “and this is exactly not what you are meant to do” it hardly makes you look good. I don’t think you should really be forced to go on camera just cos you work there as many folk are very conscious of themselves.

iank

posted on 26/7/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
To some extent it depends on whether it's a necessary part of the qualification and whether you want/need the qualification for more money/advancement up the greasy pole.

Also depends on the employer/union whether getting on your high horse over it becomes career threatening.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

dlatch

posted on 26/7/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
john

most likely no one will ever seen the film they take anyway so why worry
not to mention you are prob caught on camera 1000's of time everyday without even knowing

theconrodkid

posted on 26/7/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
cheers peeps,oh and i have just discovered religion,it,s a mix of an obscure african one and thunderbirds

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

nick205

posted on 26/7/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
Can understand your reluctance Conrod, what if it gets into the hands of the BiB, your stuffed. Cheers Ray

I did think that myself, but then you have to give everyone a fair crack these days don't you!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.