Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS. Bargain Windsurfing Package
Surrey Dave

posted on 31/7/12 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
FS. Bargain Windsurfing Package

What ever happened to Windsurfing?, I know Kite surfing has taken over but you hardly ever see any windsurfers ,don't understand.

But the result is that the gear is not worth too much, and here is a bargain Windsurfing setup.

Mistral Escape Windsurfing Mega Package ,2 Tushingham ,3 Mistral Sails,2 Masts | eBay

Absolute give away

ETDWM

jack_t

posted on 31/7/12 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
i used to compete on the national formula cirucit about 2 years ago and it has come along way since that kit, all of my kit together was close to 12k, still a big presence in the uk but its more costal sailing now

the biggest sail in that auction is 6m my smallest was 9.4m and my biggest was 12.5m

this is me on a 11m and my formula race board

Surrey Dave

posted on 31/7/12 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
You are obviously a lot younger than I, that looks like serious kit.

And if it's that expensive it's not surprising I don't see many windsurfers nowadays

So my little bundle for an opening bid of £199 must be for nothing?

How much is the board and the sail in that photo?

The must be recreational sailors still, I even felt like ago myself when I got it all out to photograph, but my wetsuit wouldn't stretch that far ,and i would be tired before I got to the water!!!!!!!!

jack_t

posted on 31/7/12 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
board £1600
11m sail £329
100% carbon mast £290
100% carbon boom £455
ratchet mast extention £48

Total of £2772

thats not including all the rope, adjustable outhaul system, fins footstraps, board bag wetsuit harness and everthing

althought u can get a begginers package board and rig with wetsuit and harness for about 5-600 these days

Surrey Dave

posted on 31/7/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I would imagine the Mistral /Tushingham stuff I'm selling is of comparable or better quality than the beginners kit of today?

It certainly was top quality expensive gear a few years back.

A beginners board when I started (1982) was a Windsurfer Regatta ,made of polyethylene with one baggy sail,and weighing about 24kgs, not too responsive bit like a log!, but it only cost about £225.

[Edited on 31/7/12 by Surrey Dave]

JoelP

posted on 31/7/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I only tried it once, and it was bloody hard work! Like wrestling with a fat bird in a large bowl of treacle

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Surrey Dave

posted on 31/7/12 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I only tried it once, and it was bloody hard work! Like wrestling with a fat bird in a large bowl of treacle

I've got to an age where that sounds like more fun!!

jack_t

posted on 31/7/12 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
really easy these days the boards are the size of dining room tables and the sails are progressive with power delivery not those fabric bags of yester year

pajsh

posted on 1/8/12 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Not easy to get rid of old stuff as I found with my short boards. It's a very fashion conscious sport and gear has moved on quite a bit.

You should have more luck with a longer board as there are more suited to UK conditions and good for general use.

Mine were sinkers when I was into it 25 years ago and now it would take a hurricane to get me out of the water. I tried them on Ebay but got no joy. Best place I think is some of the forums but then you have to register which is a pain.

People are still doing it though. I took these pictures at the end of Jan this year. It was bloody cold out of the water let alone in it!!

Best of luck. Am tempted myself but best not.

Into Mountain Biking now as it's not as cold and maybe not as wet.

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

Surrey Dave

posted on 1/8/12 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hopeful

I'm quite hopeful of selling plenty of hits and quite a few watchers, the board is long enough and has enough volume for a lightweight beginner but still a bit of fun for a heavier person, not suggesting its cutting edge , but whatever the modern stuff this is still a respectable pile of kit for the price.
Surrey Dave

posted on 10/8/12 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Now Sold

£256 not too bad I guess

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.