Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hazard tale tell help
mcg

posted on 4/8/12 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hazard tale tell help

Hi, I am wracking my brains to work out how to get the hazard tell-tale working. I am using the wiring diagram below. Indicators, indicator tell tale, and hazards all work well, but I cant figure out how to get the hazard tell-tale working, only when the hazards are on. (It flashes when indicator is on as well currently) I have tried a few things including using a relay, but cannot find a circuit within this set up that is only live when the hazard switch is depressed. (And not live when it is not) Any help would be hugely appreciated. I have gone nowhere fast on this, and I really want to get somthing other than my hooter sorted today!

Thanks in advance.

Matt

monkeyarms

posted on 4/8/12 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
I used this from the "How to wire a kit car - the easy way" which was my bible

I predict a Riot

posted on 4/8/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Disconnect all you wires to the hazard switch and with a multimeter or continuity tester check the relationship of pins 6 and 4.

I suspect that they are linked when the switch is activated and you can therefore drive a tell tale lamp by taking a wire from pin 4 to the lamp and then the other lamp terminal to gound.

If 4 and 6 don't link then you will have to change one of your switches. I suggest the hazard switch for one with another pair of normally open contacts.

[Edited on 4-8-12 by I predict a Riot]

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

snowy2

posted on 5/8/12 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify the diagram above, the haz switch has the top two connected together in the "off" position and the bottom 4 all together in the "on" position.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

coozer

posted on 5/8/12 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
This is scanned out of the Sierra manual for the combined indicator/hazard switch in that car, as you can see the hazard switch simply bridges all four pints and the hazard tell tale is on there. I found that this flashes all the tell tales when the hazards are on.

30 - fused live
54 -fused live, shared with reverse light switch
49- one side of flasher relay
49a - other side of flasher relay

Hope that helps.

[Edited on 5/8/12 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mcg

posted on 5/8/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies. I ended up using pin4 as a constant when switched on, to switch on a rely that connected the tell tale to the flasher relay.

Thanks again.

Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.