Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 5 wire lambda wiring
Cheffy

posted on 6/8/12 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
5 wire lambda wiring

Evening All,

I have a Bosch 0 258 007 057 lambda sensor with 5 wires. They are red, yellow, black, white and grey. I can find plenty of info on 4 wire lambda's but nothing for the 5 wire lambda. Can some kind person tell me which wires are which please?

TIA,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DIY Si

posted on 6/8/12 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
This do it?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Dusty

posted on 7/8/12 at 02:51 AM Reply With Quote
LSU sensor info Says your sensor is for a 1.8T or VR6 golf/jetta or turbo beetle.

[Edited on 7/8/12 by Dusty]

paulf

posted on 7/8/12 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
It is a wide band sensor so will only work when connected via a wide band controller.
Paul

Cheffy

posted on 7/8/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies chaps.

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
It is a wide band sensor so will only work when connected via a wide band controller.
Paul

Does that mean I cannot connect it directly to Megasquirt? I am using MSI with a V3 board, on a 2.0L Zetec Blacktop with GSXR 600 T.B's. Edited to add I am connecting via a relay board and am using EDIS.

I also have a 4 wire Ford Lambda sensor, would I be better off using that?

Thanks again,

Martin.

[Edited on 7/8/12 by Cheffy]

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
No it cant be connected directly, you would need an LC1 controller or similar.It is possible to use the 4 wire sensor but you will only get an indication of if the engine is rich or weak but not by how much, I used one when i first mega squirted my car and managed to get it to run reasonably well by a mixture of guess work and plug readings.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by Cheffy

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
Paul

Does that mean I cannot connect it directly to Megasquirt? I am using MSI with a V3 board, on a 2.0L Zetec Blacktop with GSXR 600 T.B's. Edited to add I am connecting via a relay board and am using EDIS.

Thanks again,

Martin.

paulf

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
My car has same engine and throttle body's and uses the Suzuki injectors so my MAP which is now quite refined after a few years adjusting it may be a good starting point for you, it is alpha/n and ignition is by edis also.
I don't have it on this PC but can email a copy to you if you like.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by Cheffy

Thanks again,

Martin.

Cheffy

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, right, thanks Paul. I assumed I could connect the Wide Band sensor directly to the MS.

Thanks,

Martin.

Cheffy

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,

Thanks for you assistance, U2U sent.

Regards,

Martin/Cheffy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.