Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage Clearout
bigandy

posted on 7/8/12 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Garage Clearout

Hi folks,

I'm finally getting around to sorting out the boxes of stuff in my garage, since I moved, so I thought I would offer some bits for sale here before trying ebay. I'll add to the post as I uncover more stuff I'm based in North Wales, Abergele (not too far from Colwyn Bay) and collection would be great. I can post the smaller things at cost. I'm open to offers on everything too.

4. Panel pins (those little clamps for holding a panel in place after you drill holes through them, before you rivet them. I've got 4 jam jars full of various sizes, including 3/32", 1/8" and 3/32" They have some surface rust due to not being used for 5 years, but will easily clean up. £20 SOLD waiting payment!

5. CC power C400 DC-DC converter. 400watt version, can take 72 or 80v in, and put 24v out. May be good for an electric vehicle of some sort? It's secondhand, but it does work fine. £50 (new cost = lots!)

7. Ford EDIS 4 module, complete with connector and pigtail, and crank wheel sensor. £40

8. Atmel Mega 48 microcontrollers. New, unsued. I have about 1000 of them, and they are the MLF package versions (i.e. surface mount). £1 each, 10 for £5.

9. Atmel Mega 88 microcontrollers. New, unsued. I have about 800 of them, and they are the TQFP package versions (i.e. surface mount, but easier to solder manually than MLF versions.). £1 each, 10 for £5

10. HP Toner cartridges. CMYK set of four. Part numbers C4194A, C4192A, C4193A and C4191A. All still sealed in packets. No printer left to use them now though £50 set.

1. Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100. It is the previous model of this : http://www.wildernesssystems.com/product/index/products/recreational/recreational_tarpon/tarpon_100_recreational/ and is about 5 years old. It is in very good condition, with no cracks. There are some light scratches on the base, as you would expect. The colour is Orange. It comes with a padded seat back, thigh straps, and a paddle. The Kayak is brilliant for general recreational paddling in lakes, rivers, the sea etc. It will cope fine with a few waves, although I was constantly falling off it! It can take quite a large load, so is good for the larger person, or the normal person with a load of stuff to carry (like fishing stuff!). Asking £325 ONO (Over £600 new!)

2. Islander Paradise I. This one: http://www.islandersitontops.com/paradise_I.htm but in yellow. Again it is about 5 years old, but is in very good condition. There are no cracks, but a few scratches and wear marks on the underneath. It comes with a paddle, thigh straps and a padded seat. This is a bit smaller than the Tarpon 100, and is more manouevrable. It is great in the waves, but is also suitable for general recreational paddling. Asking £250. ONO

8. Wiring loom wrapping tape. Non adhesive black PVC tape, 19mm wide approx. Great for wrapping looms for protection, but non of the sticky residue if you ever need to get inside again!. 3 large rolls, £5.

9. Mechanical vacuum gauges. Measures down to -30mmHg. Comes with a screw type fitting (not sure what type, probably a Pipe thread of some sort). 4 gauges. £5.

That's it for now. Like I said, I am open to offers, I just want the stuff gone!

Cheers
Andy

EDIT: Added a couple of items, removed a couple of sold items!

[Edited on 8/8/12 by bigandy]

Dammit! Too many decisions....

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

loggyboy

posted on 7/8/12 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
interested in paints and possiblly the flaring kit.

Mistral Motorsport

Ian Pearson

posted on 7/8/12 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Interested in the panel pins please.
bigandy

posted on 7/8/12 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Just an extra note, the panel pins are apparently known as skinpins in the aircraft trade. They don't need a tool to insert them, and look like these ones: http://www.skinpins.co.uk/fastmotemp.html They have more rust on them than that though!

I'll send a PM to thos interested in bits

Andy

daviep

posted on 7/8/12 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
u2u sent regarding MS and flaring tool.

EDIT: just noticed loogy is interested in flaring tool so 2nd dibs please

Regards
Davie

[Edited on 7/8/12 by daviep]

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

vanepico

posted on 7/8/12 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Can you use the atmega 48 or 88 with Arduino do you know? If so I would be interested in some of those

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

bigandy

posted on 7/8/12 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
You could use the Mega88 with arduino, however, they only hvae 8kb of Flash, so the sketch sizes you can use will be somewhat smaller than when suing something like an Arduino Pro Mini board (which have a Mega 328 on IIRC). The 48 would be too small I think. Don't forget that these are the Microcontroller chips only, there are no PCBs, no ancilliary components or anything like that. I got them to manufacture a couple of products, but have since switched to another MCU with more I/O capability

Cheers
Andy

vanepico

posted on 7/8/12 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I guess they are too small for home etched boards then :/

bigandy

posted on 7/8/12 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
The Mega48s in MLF packages will be, the TQFP 88s may be just about okay if you are bloody good at etching them! Personally I use Olimex to get boards professionally made. Quality is excellent, and the prices are surprisingly good too

Andy

vanepico

posted on 7/8/12 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I was just thinking as a hobby thing, no specific use so getting boards made would be a bit ott, from work I've seen costs in excess of £100 for tooling! I was just thinking lots of microcontrollers cheap might be useful, a bit too small though

Hmm maybe I'll take 10 88s, I've been wanting to try out printing my own circuits, I'll sort it out after work

[Edited on 7/8/12 by vanepico]

MikeR

posted on 7/8/12 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
if the megasquirt hasn't gone can you let me know. I'm very interested.
zetec-phill

posted on 7/8/12 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
message sent on megasquirt
bigandy

posted on 8/8/12 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Post edited with a couple of more items, and I've removed some sold items. The Megasquirt has gone now, apologies to those I haven't replied to! The paint, and flaring kit has also gone.

Cheers
Andy

vanepico

posted on 12/8/12 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Have you sent the chips yet? If so to what address? is it a west sussex address or st albans one?

bigandy

posted on 13/8/12 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Just sent you a U2U message I've been away over the weekend.

Cheers
Andy

Also, post updated at the top

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.