Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BAE Systems and EADS Aerospace Companies to merge.
richard thomas

posted on 12/9/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
BAE Systems and EADS Aerospace Companies to merge.

Discuss......

Seriously, I am interested in what the viewpoint of the typical 'British' individual is......if you have an opinion that is......?

Cheers, Rich.

[Edited on 12/9/12 by richard thomas]

twybrow

posted on 12/9/12 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey - that is a bit of a surprise... But I suppose they have been strategic partners for years. I think it is needed, as BAE have been in trouble for years now - redundancies each year, cutting back on investment and stripping of assets etc. It is a shame it has to be bough out by a foreign company, but short of someone like Rolls-Royce, I dont think any other group have the funds to take them on (GKN maybe...).

I suspect it will be a good thing in the long run - EADS have huge amounts of expertise that would benefit BAE, and visa versa, so I suspect we will see the BAE name will remain rather than stripping the business of useful parts etc.

Best of luck to any BAE Systems employees we have on here!

sdh2903

posted on 12/9/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm an ex British aerospace apprentice, best days of my working life. However it hasn't been a 'British' company for quite some time. Saw the site at Woodford turn from a bustling aircraft production site to an empty shell which looks like it's going to be turned into a housing estate.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 12/9/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I know the feeling... I now work on what used to be the aircraft site at Hatfiled. It's now a business park. Some bits were saved. The management buildings have now been recycled as police station and court, the old security office is now a KFC, and the flight test hanger is a gym...

Seriously though, I worry for Stevenage where i think both EADS and BEA have sites. Sounds like an opportunity to be 'synergised'

vanepico

posted on 12/9/12 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
My dad worked for BAE before part of it was sold to Finmechanica group, It's bloody Italian now! When'sa Your Dolmio Day?

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

andrew-theasby

posted on 13/9/12 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
I'm just gutted I sold my shares a fortnight :-(
renrut

posted on 13/9/12 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Working for a company that sells to both BAE and EADS I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this. Not sure it will make any difference to the company I work for but you never know.

Why are all the fun things in life expensive!

britishtrident

posted on 13/9/12 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
BAE having been making what look from the outside very strange decisions for decades, for example buying Heckler & Koch then selling them.
I am only surprised EADS value BAe at 40% of the new company.

However you have to view a merger of BAe and EADS this against the mergers and sell offs, asset stripping and closures in the US defence and civil aircraft industries.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.