Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: That film their so pi$$ed off at
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/12 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
That film their so pi$$ed off at

Yeah you know the one, doing it rounds on YouTube

I can see why it is considered so offensive, that's obviously exactly why it was made

In some ways it is almost comical, the dubbing as ridiculous as in Eurotrash, costumes and special effects to old Flash Gordon standards what a mess. But the content pure inflammatory rubbish.

I feel sorry for the actors as they have obviously been duped, chances are they have had no idea what it was about in reality but it may come back to haunt them

Was surprised YouTube aired it at all, I would have considered it racist hate mongering, much as if Nazi or KKK propaganda was shown.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 20/9/12 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
eh?

Mistral Motorsport

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/12 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
eh?

you need to get out the garage more there's a film been made and its causing riots etc and now it's on you tube

and no its not Total Recall even though it's almost as bad, we should have a 'Just how many things can one film get wrong' for that on Friday...

[Edited on 20/9/12 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 20/9/12 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Oh is this the Mo cartoon? I have heard but unless they riot on my street im barely interested.

Mistral Motorsport

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Oh is this the Mo cartoon? I have heard but unless they riot on my street im barely interested.

no but a film along the same lines, if your street was next to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo you have heard about it

dhutch

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy... if your street was next to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo you have heard about it

Yes

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=U.S.+Embassy+in+Cairo&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi& amp;ei=BgZbUPfqBanK0QXQ8oCIDg&biw=1386&bih=573&sei=FgZbUIzyGNCr0AWIlIDQBw

RK

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
In this day and age, you'd think people would know better. But no. Is this another one of George Bush's friend's little plots to stir things again? And what is with that French magazine's cartoons? Do they have mush for brains? And why would anybody in the Muslim world think that kind of thing is what we in the West think? I find that quite insulting!

[Edited on 20/9/12 by RK]

scootz

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
The film is ridiculously offensive... the 'outrage' even more so!

It's Evolution Baby!

whitestu

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

In this day and age, you'd think people would know better.

Do you mean the folks rioting and killing people becasue they are offended on the behalf of someone else or the people making films and drawing cartoons?

adithorp

posted on 20/9/12 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Unless it effects thier advertising revenue You-tube are unlikely to pull the plug.

A muslim cleric was asked last night on the radio, why the outrage was being aimed at the US (and other western) government; His answer was that a lot of the protesters have no real idea what free speech means. They have no experience of it. For years they haven't been able to see or hear anything that wasn't fed to them by thier government. There'sa huge gulf between wanting free speech and defending right others to say things you don't agree with. Half the US hasn't managed to make that leap yet.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Davey D

posted on 20/9/12 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
The film is called "Innocence of Muslims"
MikeRJ

posted on 20/9/12 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
The film is ridiculously offensive...

It's only considered "offensive" because of the people the film targets. If a similar film was made about Christians I doubt it would even receive a small fraction of the attention and criticism.

JeffHs

posted on 20/9/12 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Go back to when it was first released. Python's Life of Brian caused huge offence to some, despite it being one of the funniest films ever made.
adithorp

posted on 20/9/12 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JeffHs
Go back to when it was first released. Python's Life of Brian caused huge offence to some, despite it being one of the funniest films ever made.

The debate between Malcolm Mugeridge (IIRC) and some bishop (who both thought it was sacriledge and should be banned) and John Cleese/Michael Palin was a classic. Only afterwards did it come out that they'd only seen part of the film and missed the important begining. If people as well educated as them cannot understand the concept of free speech what chance have the third world got.

The Shootist

posted on 20/9/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Speculation......

I wonder at the possibility that Al Q or one of the other terrorist groups may have duped the director into making the film.

Just to stir the pot a bit. Donations to the "cause" down a bit due to the global economy and all......

Slide this dummy a bit of cash, pat him on the back, offer a few words of encouragement etc.

bobinspain

posted on 20/9/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/27711

Please read the above link. It's from a speech by W.S. Churchill in 1899.
As they say, 'plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose'
I thought it was Russell's quote. (He was equally scathing).

scootz

posted on 20/9/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I quite enjoy Pat Condell's various musings on religious matters...

Link

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 20/9/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
The film is ridiculously offensive...

It's only considered "offensive" because of the people the film targets. If a similar film was made about Christians I doubt it would even receive a small fraction of the attention and criticism.

Oops - missed out the end... I meant to say that 'the film is ridiculously offensive to the notion of satirical comedy...

It's Evolution Baby!

adithorp

posted on 20/9/12 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Shootist
I wonder at the possibility that Al Q or one of the other terrorist groups may have duped the director into making the film.

Just to stir the pot a bit. Donations to the "cause" down a bit due to the global economy and all......

Slide this dummy a bit of cash, pat him on the back, offer a few words of encouragement etc.

Do you really think these numpties need encouraging?

The Shootist

posted on 20/9/12 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Just a nudge...

Maybe just a nudge in the right direction.

I just wonder if it was an intentional trigger to stir things up.

With that area of the world the potential is always there, it just needs a nudge to tip it off.

bobinspain

posted on 20/9/12 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I quite enjoy Pat Condell's various musings on religious matters...

Link

Scootz,

The problem with yer man Condell is that he affords Islam the title 'a religion.' Big mistake! It's a cult, nothing more. A misguided and dangerous one, (aren't all cults? It's written into their DNA). He also tries to out-zealot the zealots. An impossible task.

The really insidious nature of this cult though, is that it's like a virus operating from within, and like a virus, it'll keep breeding until the host is dead. Sadly, this dim host (the West and UK in particular) is consciously aiding and abetting in its own destruction. In UK, it's been that way since 1948 and the Labour Government's British Nationality Act. Although to be fair, no Government since, has grasped the immigration nettle, despite recognising the threat of its presence.

Check out any reputable demographic study. UK has between 50 and 70 yrs before it becomes a part of the Islamic Caliphate.

Sweet dreams.

[Edited on 20/9/12 by bobinspain]

RK

posted on 20/9/12 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I think people take religion far too seriously. It is a personal thing, which people tend to exploit for their own benefit, as any group really. I'd ask why people are so upset in the first place, that a small nudge gets them all fired up. There have to be economic reasons somewhere in there.
Rod Ends

posted on 20/9/12 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
They deserve to be mocked!

Moron
Moron

RK

posted on 20/9/12 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Cranberry and soda is an excellent combination. I hope he means apple juice and the like. That stuff is overrated.
Ninehigh

posted on 21/9/12 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
And orange with the bits in, that stuff makes me feel like I'm drinking flavoured vomit

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.