Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tv tonight, classic car rescue
steve m

posted on 1/10/12 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Tv tonight, classic car rescue

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=135470623

View it at your own discretion, as last weeks show was dire !!

dlatch

posted on 1/10/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
mental note taken to avoid!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 1/10/12 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
I watched the first one on the E-type.

Utter rubbish!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 1/10/12 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
New 5th gear, also...
Hellfire

posted on 1/10/12 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I quite enjoyed the first one with the E-type Jag. It's not how I'd go about a full restoration on an E-type but it made for entertaining viewing. I'll definitely watch this next episode.......

Phil

dhutch

posted on 1/10/12 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Its on!
emlyno

posted on 1/10/12 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Watched half of the first episode and then gave up! Would you rebuild an E type( or any car) with bits taken from a skip?
Simon

posted on 1/10/12 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't he the bloke that turned out some real poo (that ended up on the road) that were codesigned by that nutty mystic indian bloke.

Just watched 2 mins of him trying to buy a 911. Think both sellers saw him coming - £8 grand for a pile'o'shite. Yeah right.

ATB

Simon

McLannahan

posted on 1/10/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
22k?

Do they just pluck a figure out of thin air?!

Paint coming off, non original parts (again)....awful interior....

Cheeses.....

dhutch

posted on 1/10/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
"A contemporary take on...."

Ive watched worse but it was very 'American hotrod' cheese.

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/10/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
They totally bodged up that one, missing grilles, whaletail without the turbo arches, looked chaved up rubbish

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

puma931

posted on 1/10/12 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I agree that the "resto" was not that great and why they did not paint it in an original porsche orange colour is beyond me. There are some really nice 911 RS replicas around, which would have made a much better car and returned a good profit. Not sure about 22k for this one, but air cooled 911s do fetch good money.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
They totally bodged up that one, missing grilles, whaletail without the turbo arches, looked chaved up rubbish

steve m

posted on 1/10/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for watching the drivel, saved me 30 mins of my life !!
and i will not watch it again!

unijacko67

posted on 1/10/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
911 revs

He just said the rotor arm spins at upto 8k per/min, thats 8k power strokes per min on a four stroke engine, two strokes per revolution means its a screemer at 16k. Jesus I didnt know them 911 rev to 16000. I dont think so!!!!!!!!

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

D Beddows

posted on 2/10/12 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
How does that baldy git keep getting back on TV - he comes across a as complete t*sser who would struggle to service a car properly never mind 'rescue' anything. He's not even entertainingly annoying he's throw something heavy at the TV annoying

I may be having a small rant

dhutch

posted on 2/10/12 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
He just said the rotor arm spins at upto 8k per/min, thats 8k power strokes per min on a four stroke engine, two strokes per revolution means its a screemer at 16k. Jesus I didnt know them 911 rev to 16000. I dont think so!!!!!!!!

But then again, he also said that the rotor arm contacts the cap.

As said however, one of the most carless mistakes was in the colour, Im not a porsche fanatic (and my prefered model is the 944) but even I thought as it went on 'that doesnt look quite right' although that was mainly masked by the disbelief that they where trying to add tension as to what colour it was 15minutes after showing a clip of the painted car.

Daniel

adithorp

posted on 2/10/12 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I lasted (about a minute) untill they were driving a resored car "fast" with no seat belts on. I suppose as it had a 'cage that it also had harnesses; Guess they were both to fat to fit in them.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

MikeRJ

posted on 2/10/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
I've not seen this yet, but perhaps I'm not missing out on much. Looking at the Channel 5 website it says:

"Bernie is a highly experienced automotive manager, master technician, workshop controller and technical engineer"

Surely this can't be referring to the same cockney bodge artist that worked with Leepu in "Bangla Bangers" and "Chop shop"?

fesycresy

posted on 2/10/12 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
The adverts were too much for me......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

D Beddows

posted on 2/10/12 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

"Bernie is a highly experienced automotive manager, master technician, workshop controller and technical engineer"

Surely this can't be referring to the same cockney bodge artist that worked with Leepu in "Bangla Bangers" and "Chop shop"?

None of which actually require any formal qualification or accreditation to call yourself - the man's clearly an experienced master t*sser but apart from that..........

plentywahalla

posted on 2/10/12 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
They don't actually 'restore' the cars at all. The mechanical work they do is no more than a major service, and then the respray it and add a bit of bling like whitewall tyres and sunroofs.

My theory is that they buy sound roadworthy cars and then dirty them up to look like 'Barn Finds' Have you noticed that both the E type and the Porsche looked the same. The interior had been pulled out then piled up inside the car with a few extra odd mechanical looking bits thrown it. then someone goes round the car with an aerosol can of red oxide primer and sprays it around the wheel arches to look like rust. Then they get the props department to come up with some fake cobwebs and verdigris.

They then get a cockney bodger to front it, as no self respecting and experienced restorer would want to be associated with such a fraud.

Its all done to make dramatic television for the masses who know no better.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

Westy1994

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Well, against my better judgement I sat down and endured the second episode.......... The first one I passed as perhaps a bad production, but I was wrong.

Truely truely the worst ever car based TV program I have ever seen, Channel 5 should be quite embarrassed at what they are putting out.

All I can say is STOP

Channel 5 just STOP................

whitestu

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Once was enough for me!
steve m

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
And me
BenB

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I quite like it so there. It's nothing on salvage squad- that was a proper program but it's better than most of what's on tv. That cockney bloke's a right thrupney bit but the overall program passes the time. Though the format of the first program was identical to the first e.g. some basic mechanics, grind it down, spray it. I think I'm getting bored already...
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.