Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone played the new Forza Horizon Demo?
parkiboy

posted on 11/10/12 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone played the new Forza Horizon Demo?

As title really, if you have what did you think??

I've been a fan of the forza series since the beggining, on first play of the time i tried to ignore and see past the fact that its a road racer but as soon as i saw traffic in the game that was it for me, traffic in a forza game?? ridiculous ... and theres shortcuts aswell!! After the first race i then had to drive to my next one, what a pointless waste of time!! yes its something you expect from burnout of need for speed but not a simulation racing series.

I do "think" they have left the feel of the cars the same as the previous games and i say think because after a quick play they did appear to but due to the cheesy nature of the game the gameplay does feel very arcade like.

they have absolutely ruined it... They have seemed to go away from a serious racing game and instead trying to please on the fast and furious fan boys!! Biggest load of crap i have played in a long time.

*rant over*

[Edited on 11/10/12 by parkiboy]

Slimy38

posted on 11/10/12 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have it on my download list but not actually downloaded it yet. I think your analysis is correct though, it's the Forza cars in a very 'alien' environment. And I do get the impression its going to be a 'marmite' game, both for Forza and no-Forza fans.
loggyboy

posted on 11/10/12 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
I was very disapointed with 4, didnt seem to play as well as 3 and instead of adding new existing circuits and cool older cars, they added crap new tracks that you dont need to brake round and felt car to arcade like.

Sounds like this next version will be another step back.

Mistral Motorsport

parkiboy

posted on 11/10/12 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I was very disapointed with 4, didnt seem to play as well as 3 and instead of adding new existing circuits and cool older cars, they added crap new tracks that you dont need to brake round and felt car to arcade like.

Really? I thought 4 was great and didn't really enjoy 3, however 2 is still my favourite.

Slimy38

posted on 11/10/12 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by parkiboy
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Really? I thought 4 was great and didn't really enjoy 3, however 2 is still my favourite.

Oh I hated 2, I had started on 1 so when I got my xbox 360 with Forza 2 I was expecting so much more. 3 is as far as I've got so far (and I'm loving it), haven't yet got 4.

theduck

posted on 11/10/12 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I can tell horizon is a new series to run along side the main Motorsport series.
Slimy38

posted on 13/10/12 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
OK, managed to get half hours play on it, and overall I quite like it. It's definitely more Burnout or Need for Speed than Forza, but I like the variety of races. I've never raced a plane before!

I won't be buying it on release date, but that's more the skinflint in me than any reflection on the game. But I hope to get a bit more time on the demo. Unfortunately it looks like it expires after a week, is that right? Or is it only downloadable for a week but once it's downloaded you can play it as much as you want?

morcus

posted on 13/10/12 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've not played it yet as I've not got the machine at the moment but was looking forward to having a go. I don't like racing with traffic though or any of that kind of thing usually but you can't knock it till you've tried it.

I thought 3 was better than 4, I found that if you modded the cars in 4, all the options it gave you for the next race wouldn't accept your car and I miss that you could have races where the level of the car wasn't taken into acount, like going to the audi club races in the Le Man car.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.