Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: classic car rescue
deltron63

posted on 11/10/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
classic car rescue

I've just watched classic car rescue, what a pile of poo.
the car changed from a newer plastic dash to a 1976 metal dash car, just from welding up the sun roof . The bloke welding the roof must be the best welder in the world, a massive plate in the roof with no distortion at all and no sign of any weld.
The whole program is a sham

SteveMX5

posted on 11/10/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
It's an absolute crock, the rear suspension "falling off" - the springs had been cut!!
deltron63

posted on 11/10/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveMX5
It's an absolute crock, the rear suspension "falling off" - the springs had been cut!!

You noticed that as well

johnwilders

posted on 11/10/12 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Its almost worth watching just to pick out the B****x & there’s a hell of a lot of it, I’ve yet to come across a rotten B that doesn’t need sills, inner sills, centre web & castle sections & you cant do a restoration on a car in that state for that sort of money.
A bad rip off of a bad yank program done badly.

daniel mason

posted on 11/10/12 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
stick to mike and ed on wheeler dealers!

Chippy

posted on 11/10/12 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Well after watching the first one, (30K Etype pile of poo), I decided that I would rather spend the time watching paint dry. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

splitrivet

posted on 11/10/12 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I agree a complete crock of shite just about right for channel 5.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

blakep82

posted on 11/10/12 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
i look forward to an almost identical thread being made in a weeks time

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

r1_pete

posted on 12/10/12 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
Well after watching the first one, (30K Etype pile of poo), I decided that I would rather spend the time watching paint dry. Cheers Ray [/quote

So the E Type episode has been on has it, I was looking forward to a good laugh at that one...

Ah well back to wheeler dealers, is there an old car Brewer doesn't love....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
splitrivet

posted on 12/10/12 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
What annoys me is do these people think we are stupid, when the rear axle fell out you could see the springs had been cut through by the hangers, it was as clear as the nose on your face.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 12/10/12 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

mikeb

posted on 12/10/12 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Embarassing,
I think it's the only time when a competition comes up on tele and I think, no way would I want to win THAT!
Master mechanic my ass, "yeah i guess I should have checked the heater hoses were tight" no sh*t.

Is this front bumper original?, it was on the car when we got it. Mupppet on the porsche.
Then theres the explanation of how important the dizzy cap and rotor arm were, I'm guessing not a hugely expensive part even on a porsche, but don't worry bernie sorted out the ignition by rubbing the contacts a bit.

Channel 5 should be ashamed. I don't want to see this muppet and crew on tele ever, there must be people out there who can make a better programme?

Slimy38

posted on 12/10/12 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
Master mechanic my ass, "yeah i guess I should have checked the heater hoses were tight" no sh*t.

That was just ridiculous, not just because he didn't check it before he started it up, but because of the number of hoses that needed to be tightened, AND the amount they needed to have been tightened. I can sort of understand some pipes needing a slight tweak, but he was having to do them up like they had been removed at some point.

I have to admit I didn't notice the rear suspension being cut through, but that's only because I don't know what the suspension should look like.

The programme doesn't make sense. It's filled with so many anomalies that any half baked mechanic would see straight through it. And anyone who wouldn't see the flaws wouldn't want to watch it in the first place!

emwmarine

posted on 12/10/12 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I thought the only honest bit of the programme was the valuer's face when he asked "isn't it meant to be British Racing Green" and the laughable answer from the yank "there are only 3 shades of green".

I would have loved to have seen what the underneath and sills looked like.

Worst programme on TV.

Building a Dax Rush.

UncleFista

posted on 12/10/12 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
It seems to be universally hated by all, even on channel 5's site..

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

bassett

posted on 12/10/12 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
i like the idea ch5 had trying to get another motoring show off the ground but its like american chopper and more interested in the drama thats just a waste of car fans time. even wonder whats been going on with wheeler dealers taking a nice R33 skyline and making a ripspeed drift machine.

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

matt_gsxr

posted on 12/10/12 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Muppet Show
Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
It is a bit like a 70 year old woman streaking in the high street, not something you want to see, but you cannot help watching!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

The Shootist

posted on 15/10/12 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Muppets mostly...

In my experience most of these reality shows are businesses that would fail completely if not for the money that pours in from the production company.
coyoteboy

posted on 15/10/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
The windscreen he dropped was a modern bond-in with a completely different aspect ratio to the original.

Pile of garbage. I actually feel quite insulted. Mind you, they have that chap narrating it that is a complete tool on the police camera action shows.

Dick Axtell

posted on 15/10/12 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst channel-hopping I happened to catch the windscreen drop (possibly throw????). This show is a really cheap, bad comedy, with hopelessly bad shamateur actors in the 2 lead roles. One thing is for sure - it ain't anything to do with real car resto work. From watching the first prog, I felt that so much of it was set up ("to make good [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] television".

I watched a recording of last Saturday's Inspector Montalbano. Dunno the blond actress's name, but she has the prettiest and most pert little arse!!

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

whitestu

posted on 15/10/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
There's no wonder Top Gear is so successful when this is the competition they have. These two make Clarkson, May and Hammond look intelligent!

Stu

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.