Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt going up on injector size
six mad

posted on 15/10/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt going up on injector size

Hi

I have completed my turbo install on a 2.0 zetec. The car was originally running standard injectors (beige).
I have fitted Bosch green injectors in preparation for mapping but I would like to get the car running something like.
Currently it will run although very rich on 1 bar fuel pressure. Can anyone suggest any injector settings to allow the car to run with a
Reasonable fuel pressure ie 3 bar.?

Many thanks in advance

old_timbo

posted on 15/10/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Are you using Tuner Studio as your tuning software? If so go into 'Basic Setup' / 'Engine constants' and either use the 'Calculate Required Fuel' feature, or reduce the required fuel figure in proportion to the increased flow of your new injectors. Either way you will reduce the flow rate across the whole Fuel table and you will have something you can start tuning from.
Have you done anything about the ignition map yet? You will need to reduce the advance now it's boosted.

rachaeljf

posted on 15/10/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
You need to re-calculate your req_fuel number to suit your new injectors.

Try multiplying your current req_fuel number by the factor (old injector flow rate)/(new injector flow rate). This should get you close enough to start tuning. You can do it in lbs/hr or cc/min as it's just a ratio.

Cheers R

EDIT: Too slow as usual!

[Edited on 15/10/12 by rachaeljf]

Dusty

posted on 16/10/12 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Can I refer you to Stan Weiss injector tables (Google) to see what you have bought. He has the biggest list of injector part numbers, their flows and impedance, all factors which are helpful to you. You say you have bosch green. Is this bosch green as in ex sierra cosworth because they would be low impedance. The zetec injectors were probably bosch 0280 155 820, 191cc/min @3bar, high impedance. I don't know megasquirt in detail but low impedance gave all sorts of wierd problems with my omex ECU.
scudderfish

posted on 16/10/12 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
MS works with low impedance injectors, but I suffered noise on my VR sensor with them.
six mad

posted on 16/10/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies I,m a beginner when it comes to mapping,the injector part number is 0280155968 I did
Some research I believe the impedance is fairly high 12 ish ohms I think.

Is the injector flow rate value added in tuner studio I have ms lite v1.004 on the laptop.

Where are the injector settings changed in the tuner studio?

I would love to tune the car myself but is it possible when starting from scratch especially with a turbo fitted, I
Am planning to take the car to bailey performance.

Thanks

BaileyPerformance

posted on 18/10/12 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by six mad
Thanks for the replies I,m a beginner when it comes to mapping,the injector part number is 0280155968 I did
Some research I believe the impedance is fairly high 12 ish ohms I think.

Is the injector flow rate value added in tuner studio I have ms lite v1.004 on the laptop.

Where are the injector settings changed in the tuner studio?

I would love to tune the car myself but is it possible when starting from scratch especially with a turbo fitted, I
Am planning to take the car to bailey performance.

Thanks

Hi,

If you plan to bring your car to us then dont worry about the injector settings - best to transport the car to us (dont drive it) and we will configure the MS and map. (we start fresh anyway with the mapping so any setting you make will be lost)

The green Bosch injector are good, 412cc i think at 3bar, but watch out for ebay copies we have as a few back ones. Normally buy ours from Jenvey as these are pukka Bosch ones.

Cheers Dale www.baileyperformance.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bizarro

posted on 30/10/12 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
I can strongly recommend Bailey Performance. I am new to kit cars and tuning, Im coming to the end of my build and was struggling to get the car running successfully, It would start but run very rich.

My set up is:
Zetec Blacktop
GSXR throttle bodies
Standard Ford fuel rail and injectors
Modified ST170 manifold
Megasquirt 2

Yesterday I took my car to Bailey Performance with the idea of getting it mapped. Dale started the day by going through the install from scratch and changed a few things:
Screened cable from TPS, fitted capicitors to ECU (to reduce noise), threw away my cheap e-bay fuel pressure regulator and balanced out the throttle bodies.

He put a base map into the ecu and the car started straight away. He then spent the afternoon mapping the car on the rolling road and by the end of the day the car was producing 168bhp.

As somebody that doesn’t know a great deal about mapping the day was really worth it. I would have never been able to get the car running as it is now, Dale really knows his stuff and is more than happy to explain what he is doing.
I would guess that you will have to get your car on a rolling road at some point to set everything up, his daily charge is very reasonable I would say it is well worth spending the money now instead of struggling along.

coyoteboy

posted on 30/10/12 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Unless you got your original injector dead times correct and get the same for the new ones perfectly correct you will need to re tune the VE.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.