Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iPad email client how to log off?
nick205

posted on 15/10/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
iPad email client how to log off?

Bought an iPad for work. Mainly email, images and customer demos etc.

As the primary user I've set the email client up for my work email account, but would like to be able to log out when others are using the device.

Is this possible.....?

madmandegge

posted on 15/10/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Not as far as I'm aware, you can disable the account. When disabled, it won't pick up new emails, but the old ones are still there. Also, anyone using the tablet can just re-enable the email account.

I did think you could use parental controls, but that just restricts access to certain areas and functions, can't be used to block access to email.

Don't suppose it's likely but depending on what you use for your email, there are a few options:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/gmail/id422689480?mt=8 - Gmail iOS app, can be set to ask for a password.

Or, use something like Outlook Web Access instead of the email app; takes longer to login each time and a bit more awkward to use, but would require a login each time and doesn't store email so wouldn't permit people to use it.

jossey

posted on 16/10/12 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Yes just goto settings then to mail and click on your mail client and slide the mail to off then all the mail disappears. All you need to do then is turn it on when you cor back to it.

I do this so if people click on my mail it shows no mail boxes setup then I can turn my work email on when I want it.

Won't stop someone else turning back off unless you delete the account each time but you can hide the settings folder in a password end folder etc.....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 16/10/12 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks both.

Did try the Outlook Web Access, but it's so clunky it defeats the simplicity of using the iPad.

Will certainly try using the OFF setting, but like you say it can just as easily be turned back ON again.

Overall my impression of the iPad is a very slick device and user interface, but frustratingly limiting if you want to do more than play games or consume web content.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.