Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brakes
Delinquent

posted on 17/10/12 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Brakes

Afternoon all.

Not been on here for an age after my project plans collapsed due to redundancy, but I've managed to find a little project (beach buggy) to keep me sane again

Now... While I'm very happy with engineering things in general, one thing I'm never too sure on is mix and match modifications. What I need to do really is ditch the twin circuit beetle master cylinder and replace it with two single master cylinders and a balance bar.

So... other than diameter and travel of the piston in the VW unit, is there anything else I need to consider? I'd like to use land rover master cylinders as they're £10 LOL

coyoteboy

posted on 17/10/12 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Only max pressure, which will be similar in all car systems I suspect (but can't guarantee). Assuming the same diam and travel you'll be matching output characteristics.
Delinquent

posted on 17/10/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the confirmation coyoteboy, I've found landrover ones are the same bore diameter, give or take 0.5mm dependant on model, just got to find travel now!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.