Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Battery power rating
Rogthebandit

posted on 17/10/12 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Battery power rating

Hello everyone

Just getting back into the car build after a summer (lol) of fixing my house. Anyway, i ve been looking at what sizeof battery i need to power the car. I am using an electric reverse via a starter motor from a polo or golf i think. The engine size that the starter was from if i can remember was about 1.1 L.

Ive seen a few gel types on ebay around 34ah. I have the gsxr engine in the car (mk)

What size have you used or what would you recommend?

Cheers
Rog

Davey D

posted on 18/10/12 at 06:04 AM Reply With Quote
Ive fitted one of these:

http://www.tayna.co.uk/YTX20L-BS-Varta-Funstart-AGM-Motorcycle-Battery-518-901-026-P189.html

Runs my electric reverse MUCH better than the standard battery that came with the R1 which i think was about 4Ah.

Rogthebandit

posted on 18/10/12 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Davey D

Cheers for that, 18ah the one you have. I was looking at twice that with the ones on ebay. How long do you think yours will operate in reverse for before its drops off power?

Davey D

posted on 20/10/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know how long it would last reversing over an extended duration, but i try to position myself so that i don't have to do that much reversing. Normally 10-15 seconds should get you out of most situations so that you can drive forwards again

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.