Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I need your help - Mo growing!
twybrow

posted on 18/10/12 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
I need your help - Mo growing!

Dear Locostbuilders,

Firstly, some background....

Hopefully you have heard of Movember, but if not, it is a charity whose purpose is to raise awareness and funds, to support men’s health, and in particular, testicular and prostate cancer – I am sure it will not come as too great a surprise that a great number of the male members of our forum would all fall into the high risk age groups for these conditions.

The idea of Movember is that men all over the world agree to grow a moustache (a Mo) for the month of November (Movember) – it is just one month of silly face fuzz growth, so hopefully no lasting damage done to credibility or fashion! We all have a laugh at the developing Mos, and we raise sponsorship money and awareness for men's health in the process. Obviously, not all of us have the ability grow a full Dick Strawbridge or Burt Reynolds lip warmer, but half the fun is in the trying, and we can all share in the highs and lows over the month!

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer just 7 weeks ago. Having already had surgery, I am currently just into the second cycle of chemotherapy treatment. Long before I had any idea about my condition, I had planned to participate in Movember this year, but now due to the horrendous chemo I am currently recieving, I am rather hairless so I need to recruit as many ‘Mo Bros’ and ‘Mo Sistas’ as I can to help out with this very worthy cause and that is where I am hoping you can help out....

I would very much like your support and the support of Locostbuilders for this year’s campaign. Obviously, what I really would like is for you to all agree to grow a Mo, and of course, persuade all of your friends, family, colleagues, strangers in the street etc to as well! It is not exclusive of women – the Mo Sistas can play a massive part in the process without actually needing to sprout a Mo – your influence and coercion techniques aimed at the men in your lives are far more powerful than anything I can do or say! If you really feel you can't support by participating, then I would ask you to donate generously to this cause - one day you might just rely on the research that your donation can fund!

If you would like to join, or just to donate, please see Team Timmy-Tash Mo Space or my Mo Space. I would welcome you to join Team Timmy-Tash, or feel free to start your own team and join the hairy fun!

I hope I can count on all of you to support this very worthy cause, and I look forward to welcoming my new Mo Bros and Mo Sistas into Team Timmy-Tash! For more information, please see the Movember UK.

Many thanks for your support.

Tim

[Edited on 19/10/12 by twybrow]

T66

posted on 18/10/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Tim

I had a a bit of a scare in my early thirties, so count me in.

The guys at work - 13 of us are being bullied to join in too, Ive suggested £10 each to join and a minimum of 4 sponsors each.

cannot guarantee they will all join in, but hey ho.

Wish you well with your treatments.

Ivan

twybrow

posted on 18/10/12 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
All of LCB for an evening, and just one person putting themselves forward for some Mo growing!? I am really surprised that every other post on the front page got more response....

Thanks Ivan - it would be great if you can get your colleagues involved - the more the merrier! You need to reach that critical mass at work, where it becomes socially unacceptable not to grow a Mo! ;-{)

[Edited on 19/10/12 by twybrow]

YQUSTA

posted on 19/10/12 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Come on LCB this is some thing you can do for free and have a bit of fun when doing it.

On the upside you get to help a fellow member out.

Don't worry about looking like a mug i will be doing enough of that myself and i'm still going to try grow a Mo.

And there is no excuse for the ladies either as you can become Mo Sistas.

It's a great cause and Tim is a great guy so dig deep and get involved.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 19/10/12 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
I too was really surprised this thread wasn't more replied to!?!?
When I had my illness everyone was so supportive.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

owelly

posted on 19/10/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Count me in for a bit of Mo action....... I'll start now for a bit of a head start (pun intended).

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 19/10/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ian, Liam and Owelly! One step closer to a hairier world!

I guess people on LCB have other more important topics to discuss rather than thinking about their nuts or prostate! I could understand the lack of response if I was asking the collective to run a marathon for me, but asking either for a bit of Mo growing or a some sponsorship for those that are I thought was something the good people on LCB might do....

samjc

posted on 19/10/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Count me in, other half will not be happy
twybrow

posted on 19/10/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by samjc
Count me in, other half will not be happy

Thanks Sam! :-{)

mads

posted on 20/10/12 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Tim,
I've done Movember for the past 2 years (see sticky thread at the top of this section) but for various reasons I wont be able to participate this year - however expect some funds your way for doing it! It is a very good cause and glad to see it getting popular as each year goes by.

All the best with the Mo Grow and keep LCB updated with your progress - I'll certainly be following you on Facebook.

Cheers,

mads

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Marcus

posted on 20/10/12 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've done it for the last 2 years to, got a few mates who have suffered.
One is now in remission after two bouts of bowel / testicular cancer.

The Mo will be grown

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 20/10/12 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mads
Hey Tim,
I've done Movember for the past 2 years (see sticky thread at the top of this section) but for various reasons I wont be able to participate this year - however expect some funds your way for doing it! It is a very good cause and glad to see it getting popular as each year goes by.

All the best with the Mo Grow and keep LCB updated with your progress - I'll certainly be following you on Facebook.

Cheers,

mads

Thanks Mads. Much appreciated matey. I am grateful to previous Mo growers like yourself, that the knowledge of my particular cancer is there - without this type of fundraising, it would be a whole different kettle of fish!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 20/10/12 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Just signed up Tim
twybrow

posted on 20/10/12 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Just signed up Tim

Wonderful! Thanks Paul and welcome to Team Timmy-Tash! Best of luck choosing your Mo-style and with the sponsorship!

:-{)

Markymark

posted on 20/10/12 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim

Sorry to hear about about your health problems, hope the treatment goes well.

Me and my boss at work have signed up for it, as his dad died a couple of years ago from prostate cancer.

Bring on the Magnum PI special (only ginger!!)

Mark

twybrow

posted on 21/10/12 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markymark
Hi Tim

Sorry to hear about about your health problems, hope the treatment goes well.

Me and my boss at work have signed up for it, as his dad died a couple of years ago from prostate cancer.

Bring on the Magnum PI special (only ginger!!)

Mark

Hi Mark - I am sorry to hear about your dad, but I am sure he would have a smile on for the ginger Magnum PI! Glad to hear you are participating - let the Mo free Mark!

[Edited on 23/10/12 by twybrow]

twybrow

posted on 24/10/12 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Come on fellas! We need more Mo growers, and certainly more sponsors....! It might save your life some day!
PAUL FISHER

posted on 26/10/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Just signed up Tim

Wonderful! Thanks Paul and welcome to Team Timmy-Tash! Best of luck choosing your Mo-style and with the sponsorship!

Just watching Burt Reynolds on Piers Morgan, thats inspired me to go for the Burt look

twybrow

posted on 31/10/12 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Just signed up Tim

Just watching Burt Reynolds on Piers Morgan, thats inspired me to go for the Burt look

A great choice Paul! A true master of the Mo! Best of luck!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 2/12/12 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well I don't think I quite made the Burt Reynolds look

[img]
[/img]

Well done to Tim and all in team TIMMY-TASH

vanepico

posted on 2/12/12 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'd do it if I could :/ I'm not the most manly man there ever was!

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

PAUL FISHER

posted on 2/12/12 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vanepico
I'd do it if I could :/ I'm not the most manly man there ever was!

Just go for it next year mate, Ive never grown a tash in my life, but just for the people you see every day and they say "whats with the tash" and you explain why your growing it, check your balls lads, but also how many guys no nothing about there prostate, one of the biggest killers in men http://prostatecanceruk.org/ if ive help one person along the way look for the symptoms of the cancer. then its all been worth it I am glad ive still got my Dad, because he had been informed of the symptoms

vanepico

posted on 2/12/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll be able to grow a tash next year haha a ww2 pilot one would be my choice I reckon, walk around in a bomber jacket and flight hat and goggles!

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

PAUL FISHER

posted on 2/12/12 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it
twybrow

posted on 2/12/12 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Great to hear you guys spreading the Mo message - as said, if it means one gent goes to the doctor and catches something early enough then it will be worth it.

Vanepico - the joy of Movember that there is always someone with a more amusing Mo. Plus, you might be surprised how much you can grow in a month!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.