Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Finally get my car back tomorrow!!
parkiboy

posted on 18/10/12 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Finally get my car back tomorrow!!

As some of you may know i have had some real bad luck with my car, my busa engine blew on the first drive after registration.

Well the wait s finally over I get it back for day tuner tomorrow and although summer has passed I cannot wait to rack up some miles and finally experience the car, despite the emotional roller coaster it has been I'm sure I will be in love after a proper drive.

The car has cost me 2400 to fix and although it is money I shouldnt have had to spend I am impressed with what I have got for the money, a bottom end rebuild and a dry sump system supplied and fitted (used sump but tank and everything is new)

I just hope it is worth the wait as what I thought was a bargain has cost me more than buying one fully complete and IVA registered, a life lesson I wish never to repeat again!

[Edited on 18/10/12 by parkiboy]

zilspeed

posted on 18/10/12 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
In all seriousness, I strongly recommend a throttle stop. allowing no more than half throttle.
The roads just got very greasy and way north of 180bhp in 500kg is far too much on a bone dry road far less how the road are right now.

Nobody wants to be reading your "I bent it" thread in a week or two.

Seriously, tread very carefully.

adithorp

posted on 18/10/12 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Zil, you're getting old!

...but he does have a point.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

zilspeed

posted on 18/10/12 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Zil, you're getting old!

...but he does have a point.

Adi

You also have a point, which isn't lost on me.

Where's the walking stick smiley ?

Hellfire

posted on 18/10/12 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
That's great news!! Not a bad price either considering you've had a dry sump fitted as well. Zil has offered some good advice though, ask our old man Take it easy and enjoy it when the weathers good........

Phil

austin man

posted on 18/10/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Take it to Blyton on Saturday and meet up with the MK guys mate, Blyton seems pretty safe track

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

parkiboy

posted on 18/10/12 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'm considering going for a bit but won't be doing the trackday, I want to run the engine for a while before giving it some
parkiboy

posted on 21/10/12 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunetly I never made it to Blyton but I've done around 120 miles in it this weekend and i can't wipe the smile off my face.

All seems to be running smoothly and it goes like a rocket! It's taking some getting used to the brakes not being servo assisted like modern cars but I'm getting there! Not really tested it in the corners either been reasonable sensible just getting used to the car.

Really impressed with the work day tuners have done and the map appears to be spot on.

Looking forward to going to a few meets now and getting to know everyone.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.