New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What have you learnt whilst driving your 7
RichardK

posted on 21/10/12 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
What have you learnt whilst driving your 7

I recently discovered that pigs can p i s s sideways when being transported

[Edited on 21/10/12 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wadders

posted on 21/10/12 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ha Ha, thats funny
spiderman

posted on 21/10/12 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK

The ladies will be all over you now as it is full of pheromones!

Spider

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 21/10/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Lol...

I learnt that the deer in Woburn Great Park look huge when you are looking up at them from a 7

Ivan

posted on 21/10/12 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
In my Cobra I've learnt that whenever you come across a sewage overflow on the road there will be a car just ahead of you putting up a fine mist of it for you to travel through.
jon200

posted on 21/10/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I learnt that in the summer a lot of people clean their windscreens to get the flies off= a wet face.
Werner Van Loock

posted on 21/10/12 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
When driving without a windscreen that birdpoo is your biggest enemy (luckily i was wearing a helmet)

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ali f27

posted on 21/10/12 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have learnt how nice my car and many friends 7s are to drive and how crap a lot of production cars are
coozer

posted on 21/10/12 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
That you need to hold your breath for ever when you overtake an agriculture lorry full of chickens...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/10/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
When driving through St Ives in summer, all small children warn their fathers of your approach, all you can hear is 'Dad, Dad' look at that!'

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

mookaloid

posted on 21/10/12 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK

Time to keep your mouth shut

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

JoelP

posted on 21/10/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I discovered that a trip to the shops for milk can leave you shaking. Happy days!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

David Jenkins

posted on 21/10/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've learnt not to drive too close behind builders' flat-bed trucks without eye protection... you end up with a face-full of grit, dust & sand.

steve m

posted on 21/10/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Ive learnt that "other car users" do not see a highley polished car and bright green front, and very loud exhaust very well, and pull out in front of you, while i am doing about 30mph, and about 20 yards away

On both occasions, i really do not know how i managed, not to hit them smack up there arse

But the next cnut who does it to me, i will follow them to there house, and go back later in the day and smash there car up with a pick axe

Oh, and both times, like always now, i drive with my lights on, plus LED's fitted last thursday

Steve

JoelP

posted on 21/10/12 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
On friday it seemed everyone was pulling out on me, about 5 times in a day! Was rather annoying.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

beaver34

posted on 21/10/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I learnt to treat wet roads in the 7 like driving a normal car on ice, that was a real shock!
atm92484

posted on 22/10/12 at 02:32 AM Reply With Quote
1) In a battle of Locost vs. deer, the Locost can win with minimal battle scars.
2) Everyone within a 50 foot radius must photograph your car (regardless of whether they are operating another vehicle).
3) Certain Lotus purists get absolutely irate at the sight of the car - it provides the Locost owner much needed entertainment.
4) Do not bother getting fuel if you are in a hurry - inevitably some very interested car guy will approach you.
4.1) There is a 95% chance said other interested car guy will tell you every detail about the heap he has sitting in his garage. There is a 95% chance it is some land yacht in which a typical Locost owner would have no interest.
5) You are in everyone's blind spot on the road. Even a Miata is like a lifted truck to a Locost. Defensive driving is taken to an entirely different level.
6) The police have much less interest in a Locost than they do in the typical sport compact.
7) You could charge an outrageous price for a ride in the car and probably recuperate the cost of the build in short time.

-Andrew
Build Log

roadrunner

posted on 22/10/12 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
I have learnt that rain is like a thousand needles when doing 60. And blue bottles are like bullets when doing 70ish.
mookaloid

posted on 22/10/12 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
For a while when I had my Indy I was considering making a sign to put on it to read "THIS IS NOT A ROBIN HOOD!!" because loads of people kept asking if it was

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 22/10/12 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Good point about the rain...

Wipers are only useful on the outside of the screen. Rain covering the inside of the screen and your glasses does not get touched

loggyboy

posted on 22/10/12 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
When driving through St Ives in summer, all small children warn their fathers of your approach, all you can hear is 'Dad, Dad' look at that!'

When driving through St Ives did you meet a man with 7 wives?

Mistral Motorsport

steve m

posted on 22/10/12 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
"Good point about the rain...

Wipers are only useful on the outside of the screen. Rain covering the inside of the screen and your glasses does not get touched "

hahaha, so true!

and the needles in the eyes, so true!

My first ever visit to a garage, for fuel reslulted in a large non white guy, who said, " nice caterham"
My reply was its not a caterham,
he then got all irate and agressive accusing me of not knowing what i was driving !!
i left the muppet getting irate and abusive

another one that still makes me chuckle was the caterham driver who was in the opposing lane gave me a cheary wave as we slowley approached each other , in slow traffic, it was as our nosecones approached (different lanes) he realised, i was an imposter and quickley turned his head full left in disgust, and would not make eye contact
as our cars drew level, with the white lines the only thing between us, i gave him some abuse to the fact he was a snob, and a twit

it must of been amusing to the guys behind me as well, as they gave more abuse, and all this time mr snobby was pulling forward with his head locked looking left

what a twit

thankfully, i do have a m8 with a c......... and he is nothing like that twerp

RK

posted on 22/10/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with all posts so far, but the main thing is that the inside of the car fills with small stones, making a painted floor a waste of effort.

People tend to tailgate because they want a closer look, and I might add that small trucks appear like the biggest 18 wheelers you've ever seen, when you're next to them.

stevegough

posted on 11/12/12 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Headlights behind you at night are damned scary, and ALL of them are on mainbeam!

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

-matt

posted on 22/12/12 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Whenever you stop for fuel, there is almost always someone to ask for a spin. When you oblige and get them back they look very pale, and give a very shaky handshake

It's worth keeping a jerry can of fuel in the car for when the fuel gauge lies to you!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.